Total Gratitude to jjl58 Topic

On Friday I checked my Valdosta State team in Camp and made sure I had a season available and that it was set to renew. Regardless, I woke up Saturday to find I was no longer the "coach". The message said that at least one other coach had applied, so I did as well. I also sent in a ticket to WIS in hopes of finding out why I lost the team. Later that day I find out that jjl58 is the new coach at Valdosta State. I sent jjl58 a message saying that I hated that I lost the team, especially when I don't feel like I should have. He said that he would gladly drop the team after the season to give me a chance to get them back, which was gracious and not expected.
WIS finally responded and although they never addressed why I lost the team they said they would give me the team back if the new owner, jjl58, agreed to take a different team. He agreed to do so and I was placed back at VSU this morning. (By the way, he left a really good team at Long Island. He agreed to give me VSU even though someone else had already taken the team he left.)
With all the talk about collusion and cheating on this message board I just wanted to point out that there is still a sense of sportsmanship and honor among some of the coaches here. I don't personally know jjl58 and he owed me absolutely nothing, but his kindness towards me is greatly appreciated. This is just a silly game, but it provides me a great distraction from a very rough point in my life. This kind act from jjl58 is truly appreciated.
10/23/2017 2:29 PM
Good stuff, jj!
10/23/2017 2:39 PM
spectacular
10/23/2017 3:00 PM
Nice to hear Dawg. Props to jj.
10/23/2017 3:24 PM
JJL is a class act - I miss having him in the CIAA in DII Rockne
10/23/2017 4:17 PM
jjl58 did the right thing. Good for him.
And Statham_Dawg I don't know what you're going through , but I hope you get through it ok.
10/23/2017 5:23 PM
Posted by mojolad on 10/23/2017 5:23:00 PM (view original):
And Statham_Dawg I don't know what you're going through , but I hope you get through it ok.
Thank you brother
10/23/2017 6:24 PM
Good show old boy! 3 cheers and well done.
10/23/2017 7:24 PM
Posted by mojolad on 10/23/2017 5:23:00 PM (view original):
+1. Not a surprise that jjl did that. Seems like a really good guy. And I second mojo’s well wishes for whatever you’re going through. Everyone goes through dark days, just keep up the fight
10/23/2017 9:10 PM
Hey guys thanks for the kind words, much appreciated. I’m just glad Valdosta State went back to it’s rightful owner. Best of luck with everything statham_dawg!
10/23/2017 9:49 PM
jj is a good dude! I miss some of our wild matchups back in Wilkinson and Heisman.
10/24/2017 8:37 PM
#Class
10/24/2017 9:13 PM
Class act. I have many good memories coaching against him through the seasons.
11/1/2017 10:12 AM
Total Gratitude to jjl58 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.