SPRING TRAINING

Has anyone figured/come up with a number of AB, Innings Pitched, Appearances, Games played.............that it takes for your players to be ready for the season? More importantly, for your minor league prospects to get the ratings bump?

Are ABs or innings pitched more important than games played?

Thanks ahead of time for your thoughts!
10/24/2017 11:40 AM
Getting in games is what matters rather than ABs or Innings.

For the BL roster I aim for:
4 games/12 ABs for fielders
3 appearances for RP
2 starts/6 to 8 IP for Starters

For prospects I get each and every possible BLer on the ST Roster. At least 2 at each position and at least 7 starters and 7 relievers. Set rest for fielders to 1 runs for winning /losing at the 5th inning. Set defensive subs to 1 or more runs for the 7th inning. For pitchers, SP shouldn't get more than 40 pitches and RP shouldn't get more than 20.

This usually is pretty efficient for me to get development.

As an aside, I keep those same settings for fielders in the minors the whole season. For certain BLers, I'll make sure they can't be replaced for pinch hitters, etc.
10/24/2017 11:52 AM
I get BL position players 10-12 AB. Usually 3-4 games.
I put all BL pitchers at SUA and get them 3 appearances. Could care less how many innings.
I get all legit MiL PP prospects 10-12 AB. Once accomplished, the top tier start all ST games.
MiL pitchers, 6 SPx3 games each, all others as SUA get at least 3 appearances.
10/24/2017 11:58 AM
I do just about the same. I try to make sure that I get my current ML team out of the way as quickly as possible, because if there is an injury, I will get the player back asap
10/24/2017 1:38 PM
Yeah, my BL position players generally start the first 3.
10/24/2017 1:40 PM
Ah thats interesting. Ill have to adjust to that.
10/24/2017 5:03 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.