Well...here I come again to the Progressive League Classifieds with hat in hand....

this is an offer to own the available 2017 team in the Progressive Century League

The Progressive Century League (PLC) is a single season progressive league that began with the 1995 season…in the Spring of 2009, the league reached the present...since them, we play once a year...soon after the new players are made available by WIS...now we are gearing up to play the 2017 season...our 23rd season....as you can see, we just play once a year so we'd like owners who would plan to stay around

we have 1 team available...there has been a very consistent group of owners...especially considering the 1 year interval

The available team is listed below....

The league is a 20 team league in the 5-5-5-5 format...it is designed to continue as long as owners are willing to keep playing so you're not just building a team for 2016 but for the future as well

Here's where the unique WIS experience exists.....

This draft comes the closest in WIS to a "real draft" since you are drafting not only on past performance but on unknown potential...how might this player do in 2018 and beyond?

Also....you end of drafting your "fantasy team" for 2018 as you watch YOUR players play in real life developing the team you will have at the end of the season...gives the league a sim experience AND a fantasy baseball experience

Unlike some progressives that reached the present, the PCL does not have rosters with a lot of prospects already tied up by using expanded rosters….instead the PCL restricts keepers for all teams to 20 players….this rule enhances the quality of the draft pool…therefore, a greater opportunity to quickly build a winner...

Due to the high number of low innings pitchers in modern baseball, there is a supplemental 4 round pitchers only draft after the regular draft...it is possible to have a staff of up to 17 pitchers with some residing in AAA

There are no twists or players from others seasons...so if you want to play only 2017 players vs 2017 players, give this a shot

Players previously on the a team's roster but with no 2017 WIS season may be kept and do not count toward the total of 20 keepers – they can be listed as I/R for the 2017 season and if they have future WIS seasons may be used

Both the AL and the NL use the DH

There is a 40 wins in 162 games minimum win requirement to qualify for a top 4 draft pick in Round 1

Thanks for looking…post your claim

Sitemail me if you have any questions regarding the league
10/24/2017 4:13 PM (edited)
I would like to play. I am in it for the long haul.

Ernie
10/24/2017 3:57 PM
Ernie...sent you a sitemail
10/24/2017 4:00 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.