If I trade for a second year player that was mistakenly rushed to the Majors and has a patience <30, after the trade will I be able to put him in the minors without taking a ratings hit?
10/26/2017 11:38 PM
I thought it was makeup that determined the ratings hit but I could be mistaken. If you are near the end of the season you could keep hin on you majors squad and demote him after the regular season ends without taking a hit (I believe), or demote him prior to spring training next year without a hit. I'm sure others can chime in. I don't usually demote players so haven't dealt much with this.
10/27/2017 12:08 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
That is not true.
10/27/2017 12:48 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I'm equally sure. I've taken hits when assigning BL players to AAA. It's not been recent but it has happened.
10/30/2017 1:35 PM
I've seen ratings hits from MiL assignments at a level less than he was previously as well (for example, trading for a guy who was at AAA, assigning him to High A, seeing a demotion rating hit). There's absolutely a risk of a ratings hit in the OP's situation.
10/30/2017 3:34 PM
Posted by saintonan on 10/30/2017 3:34:00 PM (view original):
I've seen ratings hits from MiL assignments at a level less than he was previously as well (for example, trading for a guy who was at AAA, assigning him to High A, seeing a demotion rating hit). There's absolutely a risk of a ratings hit in the OP's situation.
It happens to me sometimes after the draft, such as when rookie is already filled 30/30 and the extra guys go into limbo and then I assign them to low-A or whatever and then for some reason they get a penalty... but again that's a separate scenario, so never after a trade in my experience. You'll have to post examples the next time you see one, because I don't believe it
10/30/2017 6:21 PM
So, to answer the OP's question, some of us believe there's a chance. I'll add that it doesn't happen all the time so I think the "right" thing to believe is "it's possible". As for BP's response, I think it's possible he gets a hit if added to BL team then demoted after the season. I'd do it prior to ST next year.
10/31/2017 8:58 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.