The actual problem isn't spending 30M plus for an IFA or tanking to be able to do so. I would say, because of the setup of HBD, one needs to point at the commissioner and the board members. But, that isn't the way to correct a loophole. That may cause a lot of hard feelings towards one another. What I propose, and mentioned before, but not as in-depth as now, is Fan Buzz. I suggested bringing fans into HBD to indicate how well a person is managing their ML team. I explained in the off-season Fan Buzz would be shown as a percentage and as attendance during the season. What I didn't mention before was generating revenue from the attendance. That would create a flucting overall budget, inturn if your team does poorly or someone makes bad trades consistently, ones budget would be reduced accordingly. And, after a while transferring 20M-40M from payroll to prospect budget won't be possible. If one's payroll is at rock-bottom and the GM can't bring the team back to respectability, they're fired. When a person is fired, they can't come back to the franchise they were fired from and the overall budget is reset. For some leagues it may be tougher, but for the majority, no. Many leagues have been dissolved, due to poor rollovers. Mainly rollovers are taking so long, because there are too many decimated teaams. At least what I proposed would stop teams being decimated to the point that it would take someone 5 or 6 years to a have shot at The World Series. Those statements made by bfkfraser are false. Commissionaires in a private league boot people to maintain a standard. Budget disadvantage would develop for example One has a $185M overall budget and a payroll budget of a $140. Player transfers $40M from payroll to prospect, because the $10M in the prospect budget originally wasn't enough. In the end, player loses bidding war and gets nothing. That player reduced their budget by $20M on their own. After a GM makes a team altering decision, he's evaluated by fans. If the fans don't like what they see, they don't go to the games, inturn a reduced budget even more. That extra reduced budget may deter or force player to stop transfering large sums of money .
11/10/2017 4:46 PM (edited)
And make it tougher to find a new owner to replace the "fired" owner as, even though the budget is restored, the previous years of being at a budget disadvantage would be perceived as a negative effect on the organization talent, making the team less attractive to take over
10/29/2017 7:13 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.