1 - yes
2 - no
3 - not to my knowledge but I don't check every box score
4 - no

I certainly wasn't trying to lose games, but I probably would have won a couple more had I put both on the 15 day instead of the 60.

someone in the league did notice I threw them on the 60 day dl. Didn't seem mad about it, more jealous that I could do that without hurting the team much.
11/6/2017 9:48 AM (edited)
Then "no", you weren't tanking. #4 is probably the most important. Say you were on pace win 110 at the 120 game mark. Then you only won 107. That's nothing more than luck of the draw. I wouldn't even attribute that to the loss of a couple of DL'd players.
11/6/2017 9:56 AM
My perception was off. I went back and looked. 45-23 (.661) before and 23-17 (.575) after. Depending on how you define dramatic, that could qualify.
11/6/2017 10:31 AM
But your team is still winning. When I'm thinking of tanking, it's doing whatever is necessary to get that top pick and/or sign that big IFA. It also allows the owner to have all those high picks and IFAs playing under contract control meaning good players and low payroll meaning more opportunities for big IFAs and/or high priced FAs.
You putting a big league team out there with the appropriate players in the appropriate position and not running them into the ground should not be viewed as tankingl.
11/6/2017 10:57 AM
After re-instituting anti tanking rules in Shtickless, we've really only had one manager to watch. I informed him after the past season that he'd be removed if he lost 100+ games again and he flipped. He said he's dropping the team, the world is stupid, etc. After a few days he decided to stay on, but didn't add any players in FA, make any trades, waiver claims, promotions - nothing. I'd say there's a 90% chance he doesn't win enough games if anyone is interested in taking on a cheap rebuild project next season.

I don't understand the mentality, honestly. I totally understand rebuilding (I'm currently doing it with my Houston team), but I've still been able to afford a dirt cheap team by utilizing some of the stuff Mike has listed over the past few seasons. On top of that, I'm constantly trading and making lineup changes to try and speed up the rebuild rather than sitting around waiting for high draft picks. Where's the fun in spending $75+ and waiting 9 months for a (maybe) competitive team?
11/7/2017 11:22 AM
9 months, eh? In one of my worlds I've won seven straight division titles, admittedly in part because two of my division mates have been... rebuilding... for the entire seven seasons. Can't wait to see what these teams look like when they're actually ready.

11/7/2017 1:06 PM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.