Successful position switches? Topic

Just curious, what have been the most successful position switches you've pulled off in recent seasons? And in your experience, what positions translate best to other positions as far as skill set goes? Personally, I have never switched a player. Feel like I may be missing some opportunities to help my team sometimes.
10/31/2017 12:41 PM
Switching a WR to DB tends to work at times. Switching a LB to DL can work too. Always look at the adjustments to the core attributes before you do the switch and make sure you are ok with the changes.
10/31/2017 12:57 PM
Thanks. That's what makes me chicken out. When I look at the changes in attributes, particularly the work ethic, it makes me say, "Nahhh, better not." But one of these days...
10/31/2017 1:44 PM
Sometimes the work ethic goes the other way. That is when you can pull the trigger.
10/31/2017 2:50 PM
TE to OL can work as well.
10/31/2017 3:15 PM
I don't believe there is a good position switch anymore. Back in the day they used to be decent but now you can recruit someone just as good as what you can make a position switch with. I would say just recruit what you need and not worry about losing anything.
10/31/2017 5:06 PM
When I needed a blocking only TE I switched an OL to TE. Receiving numbers were terrible of course but that didn't matter to me. Was just gonna use him as a blocker.
Recently switched a really good WR to a TE. His blocking numbers sucked but his receiving numbers were fantastic.
10/31/2017 6:37 PM
WR to DB when you do it as a freshman. The tackle rating takes about a 50% hit. But for cornerback, the tackle rating is not the most important attribute. I usually don't trust him at safety.
10/31/2017 7:25 PM
I've recently switched a RB to Receiving TE and it seems to be a decent move.

The issue with doing an offense to defense switch or vice versa is that formation iq drops to 0.
10/31/2017 9:27 PM
If you find a LB with high WE and decent STR/TKL/SPD you can make a very speedy DL
10/31/2017 11:22 PM
Posted by paulsuberlak on 10/31/2017 9:27:00 PM (view original):
I've recently switched a RB to Receiving TE and it seems to be a decent move.

The issue with doing an offense to defense switch or vice versa is that formation iq drops to 0.
I always thought this too. But it is not so. I have always gotten decent formation iq's when doing on off to def move or vice versa just as if they had been the new position all along.
11/1/2017 3:56 AM
When I first returned, I switched a DB to QB. He had top 5 RB stats and that was my plan. Running QB out of Bone. He ran great but the 20% passes were marginal at best. I have not repeated attempt since.
11/1/2017 8:48 AM
Yah; NOTHING switches well to QB and I emphasize NOTHING.
11/1/2017 9:59 AM
I do think a DB to RB conversion will still work but must be high cores and RS, minimum
11/1/2017 12:33 PM
Posted by holdaway on 11/1/2017 12:33:00 PM (view original):
I do think a DB to RB conversion will still work but must be high cores and RS, minimum
Most coaches have 3 + rb's on the roster. Usually if this is so then recruiting a db and switching him to rb will drop his WE, sometimes Big Time Drop. But if you have 2 or less rb's(perhaps you only run trips), then recruiting a db and switching him will Raise his WE.
11/1/2017 3:38 PM
123 Next ▸
Successful position switches? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.