Posted by buddhagamer on 11/1/2017 6:41:00 PM (view original):
At best, it only partially applies, because regarding the bulk of resources, they are distributed per scholarship, not per day.

That is completely false. AP has recruiting value (impacts the recruits decision on who to sign with) and I'm pretty certain it has a significant impact on the outcome of who wins/loses since what you think is the bulk of resources (recruiting $$$) is essentially capped at 1 CV/20 HVs.

The coach who has an EE is significantly short changed by losing the player, less APs, AND lost opportunity to replace that player with a significantly smaller recruiting pool. While YOU may think that is balanced and good for the game, I'm betting some others don't (and I'm pretty sure you don't decide what is ultimately deemed fair and just).
I'm not really sure if he's pretending to not understand or actually does not understand how this game works. Either way, he uses big words so he must be the smartest guy in the room.
11/1/2017 7:01 PM
At best, it only partially applies, because regarding the bulk of resources, they are distributed per scholarship, not per day.

That is completely false. AP has recruiting value (impacts the recruits decision on who to sign with) and I'm pretty certain it has a significant impact on the outcome of who wins/loses since what you think is the bulk of resources (recruiting $$$) is essentially capped at 1 CV/20 HVs.

The coach who has an EE is significantly short changed by losing the player, less APs, AND lost opportunity to replace that player with a significantly smaller recruiting pool. While YOU may think that is balanced and good for the game, I'm betting some others don't (and I'm pretty sure you don't decide what is ultimately deemed fair and just).
The bulk of the resources are distributed per scholarship. 3k in dollars is far more impactful than 20 extra APs per cycle.

To illustrate... you and I are on a late recruit, with roughly equal prestige, preferences and promises. You offer 20 APs per cycle and the 12 HVs afforded to you by the EE you just lost at the start of the late session. I try to get by on 40 APs per cycle, with no visits. Do you really think I get into signing range? Nothing I’ve seen has suggested that’s true.
11/1/2017 7:02 PM
Posted by Benis on 11/1/2017 7:01:00 PM (view original):

I'm not really sure if he's pretending to not understand or actually does not understand how this game works. Either way, he uses big words so he must be the smartest guy in the room.
Still thinking about actually contributing anything of substance?
11/1/2017 7:05 PM
Posted by pkoopman on 11/1/2017 7:05:00 PM (view original):

I will as soon as you do.

Unless you count spreading misinformation as contributing.
11/1/2017 7:08 PM
Posted by Benis on 11/1/2017 7:09:00 PM (view original):

3k in dollars is far more impactful than 20 extra APs per cycle. Please feel free to engage the hypothetical.

“To illustrate... you and I are on a late recruit, with roughly equal prestige, preferences and promises. You offer 20 APs per cycle and the 12 HVs afforded to you by the EE you just lost at the start of the late session. I try to get by on 40 APs per cycle, with no visits. Do you really think I get into signing range? Nothing I’ve seen has suggested that’s true.”
11/1/2017 7:12 PM
Posted by pkoopman on 11/1/2017 7:12:00 PM (view original):

3k in dollars is far more impactful than 20 extra APs per cycle. Please feel free to engage the hypothetical.

“To illustrate... you and I are on a late recruit, with roughly equal prestige, preferences and promises. You offer 20 APs per cycle and the 12 HVs afforded to you by the EE you just lost at the start of the late session. I try to get by on 40 APs per cycle, with no visits. Do you really think I get into signing range? Nothing I’ve seen has suggested that’s true.”
Honestly.... do you REALLY think people can't see through this? It's like you're not even trying to hide how you're just coming up with stupid examples to prove your point. 12 HVs versus zero. Uh huh. Well gee, I guess he's right, isn't he guys?

Let me know when you start contributing something of substance.
11/1/2017 7:17 PM

No, you won't. You derail more threads than anyone. You just do it as a cheerleader for the popular opinion and no one bothers to tell you as much.
11/1/2017 7:17 PM
" You derail more threads than anyone. "

Guilty.

"You just do it as a cheerleader for the popular opinion and no one bothers to tell you as much."

Well you and the other 2 amigos tell me often.
11/1/2017 7:19 PM
Not really. That's the first time I've said it. I've redlined you a few times to avoid it but first time I recall actually posting it.
11/1/2017 7:21 PM
Posted by Benis on 11/1/2017 7:17:00 PM (view original):

Honestly.... do you REALLY think people can't see through this? It's like you're not even trying to hide how you're just coming up with stupid examples to prove your point. 12 HVs versus zero. Uh huh. Well gee, I guess he's right, isn't he guys?

My premise is that 3k is far more impactful than 20 extra APs. Hence, my statement that “the bulk of resources are distributed per scholarship, not per day”. You and Buddha have called this claim false. If it’s false, it should hold up in this example. 20 extra APs per cycle should make some sort of dent on their own against the 12 HVs afforded by the scholarship dollars.

If they do, then you’re right, and I just don’t understand this game.

If they don’t, you are full of ****.
11/1/2017 7:27 PM
I don't even want to agree with "those guys", and I'm not really, but you have to utilize AP to open HV. I don't know how many D1 AP are required to open up the other options but it's pretty substantial in D3 and still troublesome in D2.
11/1/2017 7:35 PM
Posted by pkoopman on 11/1/2017 7:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 11/1/2017 7:17:00 PM (view original):

My premise is that 3k is far more impactful than 20 extra APs. Hence, my statement that “the bulk of resources are distributed per scholarship, not per day”. You and Buddha have called this claim false. If it’s false, it should hold up in this example. 20 extra APs per cycle should make some sort of dent on their own against the 12 HVs afforded by the scholarship dollars.

If they do, then you’re right, and I just don’t understand this game.

If they don’t, you are full of ****.
Well, first thing you said that was incorrect is that you get the same amount of resources, just later. This is false. You get fewer AP.

AP is useful for
1) unlocking actions which is pretty important if you want to get backups ready
2) getting ahead on battles that go to 20 HVs (which is a lot of them at D1)

Instead of asking if 20AP per cycle beats 12 HVs (which is misleading and you know it) you should ask after both teams go all in with HVs and CV, how much more will the extra 20 AP per cycle (for 20 cycles for total of 400AP) increases your chances in a battle.

So if you go all in with 600 APs and I go all in with 1000 APs, who has better odds?

Stop playing dumb. Unless you're not playing.
11/1/2017 7:39 PM
Preferences matter, no?
11/1/2017 7:42 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/1/2017 7:42:00 PM (view original):
Preferences matter, no?
Wow.
11/1/2017 7:43 PM
Are you saying they don't?
11/1/2017 7:45 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.