Way too long for a dude with no teams. Buy a team then express your long-winded opinions.
11/1/2017 8:49 PM
LOL, now i see why you engage benis. Birds of a feather.
11/1/2017 8:51 PM
Quote post by CoachSpud on 11/1/2017 8:43:00 PM:

“…not only would it benefit the sim game aspect that mike and spud want--making it easier for more coaches to have shots at winning by dismantling empires.” Haha, I never said anything like that, how about you Mike?

“If EE is ruining your squad for 2 full seasons, try a new approach.” Good idea. Part of that approach might be to owning the results of your own recruiting efforts, not blaming the game.

They say some very intelligent people lack common sense and some people with common sense lack intelligence. Unfortunately, you have neither.

11/1/2017 8:52 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/1/2017 8:49:00 PM (view original):
Way too long for a dude with no teams. Buy a team then express your long-winded opinions.
There we go. Great to have you back Mike.

You probably hurt his feelings. He addressed you twice in that long winded post. Like a "hey wanna be friends?" kind of reference.
11/1/2017 8:57 PM (edited)
He was OK when he was succinct. But he wrote a damn novel. I'm not reading that. No one with a semi-functional brain is reading that. Buy a damn team.
11/1/2017 8:57 PM
Posted by Benis on 11/1/2017 7:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pkoopman on 11/1/2017 7:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 11/1/2017 7:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pkoopman on 11/1/2017 7:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 11/1/2017 7:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pkoopman on 11/1/2017 7:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 11/1/2017 7:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by buddhagamer on 11/1/2017 6:41:00 PM (view original):
At best, it only partially applies, because regarding the bulk of resources, they are distributed per scholarship, not per day.

That is completely false. AP has recruiting value (impacts the recruits decision on who to sign with) and I'm pretty certain it has a significant impact on the outcome of who wins/loses since what you think is the bulk of resources (recruiting $$$) is essentially capped at 1 CV/20 HVs.

The coach who has an EE is significantly short changed by losing the player, less APs, AND lost opportunity to replace that player with a significantly smaller recruiting pool. While YOU may think that is balanced and good for the game, I'm betting some others don't (and I'm pretty sure you don't decide what is ultimately deemed fair and just).
I'm not really sure if he's pretending to not understand or actually does not understand how this game works. Either way, he uses big words so he must be the smartest guy in the room.
Still thinking about actually contributing anything of substance?
I will as soon as you do.

Unless you count spreading misinformation as contributing.
3k in dollars is far more impactful than 20 extra APs per cycle. Please feel free to engage the hypothetical.

“To illustrate... you and I are on a late recruit, with roughly equal prestige, preferences and promises. You offer 20 APs per cycle and the 12 HVs afforded to you by the EE you just lost at the start of the late session. I try to get by on 40 APs per cycle, with no visits. Do you really think I get into signing range? Nothing I’ve seen has suggested that’s true.”
Honestly.... do you REALLY think people can't see through this? It's like you're not even trying to hide how you're just coming up with stupid examples to prove your point. 12 HVs versus zero. Uh huh. Well gee, I guess he's right, isn't he guys?

Let me know when you start contributing something of substance.
My premise is that 3k is far more impactful than 20 extra APs. Hence, my statement that “the bulk of resources are distributed per scholarship, not per day”. You and Buddha have called this claim false. If it’s false, it should hold up in this example. 20 extra APs per cycle should make some sort of dent on their own against the 12 HVs afforded by the scholarship dollars.

If they do, then you’re right, and I just don’t understand this game.

If they don’t, you are full of ****.
Well, first thing you said that was incorrect is that you get the same amount of resources, just later. This is false. You get fewer AP.

AP is useful for
1) unlocking actions which is pretty important if you want to get backups ready
2) getting ahead on battles that go to 20 HVs (which is a lot of them at D1)

Instead of asking if 20AP per cycle beats 12 HVs (which is misleading and you know it) you should ask after both teams go all in with HVs and CV, how much more will the extra 20 AP per cycle (for 20 cycles for total of 400AP) increases your chances in a battle.

So if you go all in with 600 APs and I go all in with 1000 APs, who has better odds?

Stop playing dumb. Unless you're not playing.
Here’s what I said, giving Detective Benis a zinger boner.

“You even get the same resources, you just don’t get them until later. So you have to target some late recruits, and you have to use your APs judiciously in the first session.”

This was in response to mully asking a stupid, loaded question to the effect of “why are you scared of giving SOME coaches full resources”. The answer to that, which is, unlike this tangent, germane to the OP is that I’m not scared of giving anyone resources, my priority is that the top commodities should always be challenged... and the result of giving full resources for early entries in the first session is to restrict the range of teams that can compete for them, effectively making the game less competitive at the top, which is absolutely absurd. Unless you want to play a game with more reward, less risk, more determinism, less probabilities. In other words, unless your interest is in a game where it’s easier to stay on top.

Detective Benis decides to focus in on a line, out of context of this part of the discussion. “You even get the same resources, you just don’t get them until later.” He mistakenly calls this incorrect, because he decides I mean something I don’t mean, and because he’s interested in obfuscating the relevant discussion with rabbit holes of semantics. You do get the same resources. You get 3k per scholarship that you can use on visits any way you choose. You also get 20 APs per cycle. You just get them later. And if you read a little past where he’d like you to stop, it’s clear that I acknowledge the overall AP discrepancy. You do have to use discretion with them when preparing for multiple early entries. My response to this, per mike and mully, is suck it up, buttercup. You are not entitled to a game where it is easy for you to replace valuable and volatile commodities that you knowingly pursued.

So Detective Benis comes up with a flaccid analogy about getting paid daily, and pretends it’s an adequate way to describe the relationship between scholarships and resource distribution. It fails because most of the scholarship resources are distributed per scholarship. The premise is that the 3k is far more valuable than the extra 20 APs per cycle. Buddha jumps in and claims this is wrong, and Benis, the Earl of Sycophancy quickly concurs (with snark!). So here we are, a hypothetical that separates the other factors out to directly test whether my premise is true, that 3k in resources far outpaces the impact of 20 extra APs per cycle. Of course, Benis would prefer you not consider the two groups of resources on their own, because he knows he’s full of ****, and he’s desperate that others not notice. In too deep now, and all that. So he pretends to “see through” all this, and swears others can too. Nice try, Beenie. If 20 extra APs on their own don’t make a dent in a battle against 12 HVs, then my premise is true, and you are indeed full of feces.

Benis is the annoying kid at summer camp who plants his watch in your bunk, then accuses you of stealing it; and then he tries to suck up to all your friends, because hes pretty sure you and they will care about him that way.

TL;DR for Mike, the OP is a whine, you do get the same resources for EEs, you just get them later (and you have to be judicious in their 1st session use), and Benis is still peddling turd sandwiches to deflect from the fact that everyone knows he is deficient.
11/1/2017 9:12 PM
Thanks for the Reader's Digest version, pkoop.

The OP is a whiner but I'm going to have to correct you. If you have 2 Seniors, you get 60 AP for the ENTIRE first session to fill 2 spots. If you have 1 Senior and 1 EE, you get 40 AP for the entire first session and 60 AP for the entire second session to fill two spots. Math sez it's not the same.

Now, I don't care. Even my buddy cjmully admits the program is working as designed. So the gripe is the design. But, back on page 1, I explained the design to those with working brains. It's a SIMGAME and the design should be as it is.
11/1/2017 9:20 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/1/2017 9:58:00 AM (view original):
I fully understand the issue. Again, this is NOT some science that requires 8 years of HD college. Don't overestimate the intelligence required to understand HD.

The design, and I hope you know this, is to level the playing field and make it very difficult for the same 10 users to be in the Elite Eight every season. While you may or may not agree with that design, it's there. And it's there because this is a SIM GAME. You can't market a SIM GAME with the concept being "Try really hard, for many seasons, and maybe you can become one of those 10." You might call it Participation Trophy, and while I don't totally agree with that, there is some validity to it. WifS is trying to sell a game that will be enticing to new users who don't want to toil as a bottom feeder for real life years. Personally, I think they're doing a poor job of it, it takes over a year to even reach D1, but that's the concept.

Please tell me you understand. You don't have to agree but, hopefully, you understand.
This one.
11/1/2017 9:21 PM
Whoa! Now THAT'S a novel. Get arthritis after writing that one poopman?

You make it through all that Mike or you fall asleep from boredom first?

11/1/2017 9:22 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/1/2017 9:20:00 PM (view original):
Thanks for the Reader's Digest version, pkoop.

The OP is a whiner but I'm going to have to correct you. If you have 2 Seniors, you get 60 AP for the ENTIRE first session to fill 2 spots. If you have 1 Senior and 1 EE, you get 40 AP for the entire first session and 60 AP for the entire second session to fill two spots. Math sez it's not the same.

Now, I don't care. Even my buddy cjmully admits the program is working as designed. So the gripe is the design. But, back on page 1, I explained the design to those with working brains. It's a SIMGAME and the design should be as it is.
You’ll have to read the novel version to get this, but it’s actually addressed, despite Benis trying to pretend otherwise. You need to stop buying his turd sandwiches, Mike.
11/1/2017 9:30 PM
If I'm siding with benis, it's not because I want to, it's because facts are facts.

I don't know how many cycles there are in RS1. I'm going to say 10. In my 1st scenario(1 SR, 1 EE), that equates to 400 AP. In my 2nd scenario(2 SR), it equates to 600. For simplicity sake, 10 cycles in RS2. 1st scenario is 600 AP, 2nd scenario is 600 AP. Math sez 1000 AP to fill two spots(SR/EE) vs 1200(2 SR) to fill two spots. Math don't lie.
11/1/2017 9:41 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/1/2017 9:41:00 PM (view original):
If I'm siding with benis, it's not because I want to, it's because facts are facts.

I don't know how many cycles there are in RS1. I'm going to say 10. In my 1st scenario(1 SR, 1 EE), that equates to 400 AP. In my 2nd scenario(2 SR), it equates to 600. For simplicity sake, 10 cycles in RS2. 1st scenario is 600 AP, 2nd scenario is 600 AP. Math sez 1000 AP to fill two spots(SR/EE) vs 1200(2 SR) to fill two spots. Math don't lie.
There are 22 cycles in the first recruiting session and only 10 cycles in the second one.

So for pkoopman, you can have your 3K $$$$ and I'll take the 20 AP and we can fight for a late signing 5 star in the Congo and see who comes out on top....
11/1/2017 9:48 PM
You're siding with me?? Have you seen the light?

It's 20ish cycles 1st session. Don't say I never helped you out.
11/1/2017 9:49 PM
Posted by buddhagamer on 11/1/2017 9:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/1/2017 9:41:00 PM (view original):

There are 22 cycles in the first recruiting session and only 10 cycles in the second one.

So for pkoopman, you can have your 3K $$$$ and I'll take the 20 AP and we can fight for a late signing 5 star in the Congo and see who comes out on top....
Yup. That's where I got my 400 extra APs from.

I didnt even think about intls. Good call.

11/1/2017 9:53 PM
Posted by Benis on 11/1/2017 9:49:00 PM (view original):
You're siding with me?? Have you seen the light?

It's 20ish cycles 1st session. Don't say I never helped you out.
Probably not. I'm just pointing out the facts.
11/1/2017 9:54 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11|12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.