Promising start & max minutes Topic

In order to secure a recruiting battle, I often resorted to promising a start with max mins to the desired recruit. I would start them for the most part, but bench them during 3 or 4 pivotal games during the season. As a result, I would get an initial concerned email from that player (dropping about 6 WE points), and then later, a nasty email from them (dropping another 10-12 WE points). At that point, I would start them with max mins for the rest of the regular season. I would see an either full or close to full return of their original WE point value.

My question: are there long-term diminishing returns on such disgruntled players? Will their performance drop off or plateau earlier than normal as a result? Not sure if this can ever be quantified. Just curious. Any thoughts?
11/1/2017 4:21 PM
No and No
11/1/2017 4:29 PM
Got it.
11/1/2017 8:12 PM
If you have received two emails and do not gain back all of the lost WE and/or receive a thank you note from the player for addressing his concerns, there is a chance (albeit a small one...it's happened to me once in 159 seasons) that the player will transfer at season's end. This is also the case if the player again loses WE points regardless of whether or not they have sent a new complaint email.

Their disgruntled nature in no way changes their in-game performance from their listed ratings, nor do their attribute potentials/max values change. The only difference is the effect of any WE drop that hits.
11/2/2017 12:09 AM
Thanks Rednu...well stated. I had a couple of players in the past who were very disgruntled & noticed that their on court production had drastically tapered off in subsequent seasons. Other attributes (player, coaching & style) I guess were in the mix.
11/2/2017 12:34 AM
Promising start & max minutes Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.