Another recruiting case study Topic

"One more thing. To an extent there are diminishing returns with APs."

Are you sure about this? I remember in Beta that it was discussed there weren't diminishing returns but many people said that this is actually how they SHOULD work.
11/4/2017 1:54 PM
I didn't do or follow the beta so I can't really comment there.

Maybe diminishing returns was the wrong phrase. What I'm trying to say is if you're using the premise 50 APs = 1 HV and you have 1000 APs into a kid, the difference between a total of 40 and 41 HVs is greater than the difference between 50 and 51 HVs. In the old system where the most relative effort won the battle 100% of the time then yeah, the difference between 50 and 51 HVs was everything. But with a lottery system the difference between just a HV or two (when you're talking about 40+ HVs of cumulative effort) is just a percentage point or two and so those APs might be better served unlocking actions on other kids.
11/4/2017 2:16 PM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 11/4/2017 2:16:00 PM (view original):
I didn't do or follow the beta so I can't really comment there.

Maybe diminishing returns was the wrong phrase. What I'm trying to say is if you're using the premise 50 APs = 1 HV and you have 1000 APs into a kid, the difference between a total of 40 and 41 HVs is greater than the difference between 50 and 51 HVs. In the old system where the most relative effort won the battle 100% of the time then yeah, the difference between 50 and 51 HVs was everything. But with a lottery system the difference between just a HV or two (when you're talking about 40+ HVs of cumulative effort) is just a percentage point or two and so those APs might be better served unlocking actions on other kids.
Right, I understand exactly what you're saying now. Once you get beyond a certain point, the needle barely moves using the same effort.
11/4/2017 2:21 PM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 11/4/2017 1:35:00 PM (view original):
To be honest I'm not sure there's a direct equivalent. My gut tells me they're more useful to unlock actions on recruits than they are giving direct recruiting value, like my ST example in 2.0. But I'm not ballsy enough to unlock actions then stop giving APs to a kid.

But if I had to pick a number it'd be closer to 100 than 50.
Along these lines, I think APs are about as valuable as the player decides they are for how they want to play the game. For lower prestige teams, highly prioritizing a kid can keep you in a battle with a higher team. If you’re the higher prestige team, and it becomes apparent that a lower team is set to challenge, you have to make the determination of whether it’s worth it to you to give up shots at higher priorities to put them away, or at least maximize your chances. Speaking personally, I’ve been on both sides of that determination, and it just depends on where my team is, and what my priorities are for the season.
11/4/2017 4:16 PM
◂ Prev 12
Another recruiting case study Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.