Recruiting Preference: Strong Defense Topic

I have not posted without complaining in a long time. So here goes, does anyone know the metrics regarding a recruit favoring a strong defense. In IBA at Cincinnati, we are a top 10 team in D1 for Points Against but the recruiting preference says NEUTRAL

Anyone understand or know what they consider STRONG DEFENSE in the Recruiting Preference?
11/3/2017 2:57 PM
Posted by kevb on 11/3/2017 2:57:00 PM (view original):
I have not posted without complaining in a long time. So here goes, does anyone know the metrics regarding a recruit favoring a strong defense. In IBA at Cincinnati, we are a top 10 team in D1 for Points Against but the recruiting preference says NEUTRAL

Anyone understand or know what they consider STRONG DEFENSE in the Recruiting Preference?
It's based on points per possession. You're probably playing a lot of slowdown.

I think it's about <80 points per 100 poss for Very Good.
11/3/2017 3:00 PM
Kevb,

Based on my quick calculations, your defense is giving up 96.98 (basically 97) points per possession.
11/3/2017 3:24 PM
Posted by kevb on 11/3/2017 2:57:00 PM (view original):

If you want to compute it yourself, here you go:

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=504250&threadID=11263759#l_11263759
11/3/2017 3:47 PM
Minor point that is probably largely irrelevant. The 0.44x FT multiplier used in the formula in the above referenced link is actually the PPP formula for the NBA.

The college game (see kenpom.com) typically uses a .475 FT multiplier.

Not sure which formula WIS uses but it’s probably not material.
11/3/2017 4:13 PM
Thanks for the help and answers! Yes I'm running lots of slowdown with 6 walkons.
11/4/2017 9:27 AM
Recruiting Preference: Strong Defense Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.