Can you stop this? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by Benis on 11/4/2017 4:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/4/2017 4:12:00 PM (view original):
The biggest gripe in this forum affects only a few. So dismissing this complaint based on "happens so rarely" is nonsense.

I'd dismiss it because everyone KNOWS you can only have three walk-ons. It's the game.
EEs happen every season.
Yet they affect a select few. So, as I said, the biggest gripe in this forum affects only a few. So dismissing this complaint based on "happens so rarely" is nonsense.

What part do you object to?
11/4/2017 4:34 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/4/2017 4:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 11/4/2017 4:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/4/2017 4:12:00 PM (view original):
The biggest gripe in this forum affects only a few. So dismissing this complaint based on "happens so rarely" is nonsense.

I'd dismiss it because everyone KNOWS you can only have three walk-ons. It's the game.
EEs happen every season.
Yet they affect a select few. So, as I said, the biggest gripe in this forum affects only a few. So dismissing this complaint based on "happens so rarely" is nonsense.

What part do you object to?
Besides that EEs are guaranteed to happen every season but you could have multiple seasons without this happening to a single team?
11/4/2017 4:39 PM
That's fair. I won't ask dumb questions to try to corner you. I'll ask fair questions.

Do you think the OP is the only user to experience this in his world this season?
kcsundevil, in zorzi's gripe thread, said there were only 26 EE in his world. Let's assume that affected 20 users.

What's your number? It has to be somewhere between 1 and 20. At what point is it a "serious issue that needs addressing"?
11/4/2017 4:53 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/4/2017 4:53:00 PM (view original):
That's fair. I won't ask dumb questions to try to corner you. I'll ask fair questions.

Do you think the OP is the only user to experience this in his world this season?
kcsundevil, in zorzi's gripe thread, said there were only 26 EE in his world. Let's assume that affected 20 users.

What's your number? It has to be somewhere between 1 and 20. At what point is it a "serious issue that needs addressing"?
I'm going to guess that he was on the only active user to experience this in his world this season.
11/4/2017 4:58 PM
Posted by mullycj on 11/4/2017 4:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 11/4/2017 11:26:00 AM (view original):
Posted by rednu on 11/4/2017 11:13:00 AM (view original):
Posted by shoe3 on 11/4/2017 9:56:00 AM (view original):
The developers don’t want to incentivize resource gaming. If you don’t want the sim to try to sign players for you, make sure you get to 9.
So how does the OP "make sure to get to 9" under the current game model? Per the post above, he was at 70+ percent and lost 3 RNG's as well as a fourth of unknown percentage. He's doing everything "right" in the sense that he's going after recruits that he's favored to get. If he's not maxing resources and accepting 70 percent when he could be turning that into 100 percent, then, yes, I'll say the fault is his because he accepted a risk where none was required. But if he maxed on the recruits, what's the better way? Aim lower?
Obviously he should have signed a guy who was only 90% worthless instead of 100% worthless.
Wow shoe......remind me to never allow you to recruit for one of my teams.
I know what you mean. It’s so hard to avoid more than 3 open scholarships, right?
11/4/2017 5:13 PM
Posted by Benis on 11/4/2017 4:58:00 PM (view original):

I'm going to guess that he was on the only active user to experience this in his world this season.
So you won't answer the question?

I'm gonna guess there were SEVERAL users, if you include all levels, who experienced this problem.
11/4/2017 5:33 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/4/2017 5:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 11/4/2017 4:58:00 PM (view original):

So you won't answer the question?

I'm gonna guess there were SEVERAL users, if you include all levels, who experienced this problem.
My answer is 20.
11/4/2017 5:38 PM
Seems like very arbitrary number.

My guess is the OP is just as frustrated as zorzi and his EE issues.
11/4/2017 5:48 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/4/2017 5:48:00 PM (view original):
Seems like very arbitrary number.

My guess is the OP is just as frustrated as zorzi and his EE issues.
Dont worry, it's not random number. I ran it through a highly intelligent algorithm which generated the answer. Its called probability.
11/4/2017 5:51 PM
It's all good. I have the same response to the OP and EE whiners.

Suck it up, buttercup.
11/4/2017 5:58 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/4/2017 5:58:00 PM (view original):
It's all good. I have the same response to the OP and EE whiners.

Suck it up, buttercup.
Well that's how you know this doesn't happen very often.

You KNOW HD users are the biggest whiners but we haven't heard about this one yet. If it happens to SEVERAL users every season in every world then these forums would be littered with threads.
11/4/2017 6:03 PM (edited)
Yes I am whining because I had bad luck, I took some chances and lost. I had a bad recruiting class and that is totally on me. That is part of the game and the way recruiting is designed now. I have no gripe with the recruiting process as I prefer this one to the past. Doesn't change the fact that this system of Sim AI signing walk-on caliber players to scholarships is completely pointless. We already have class limits to avoid the "resource loading"

Unfortunately the problem probably qualifies as more of an annoyance than serious problem and nobody really seems to be interested in developing the game anymore, so i guess expecting small tweeks is not going to happen.
11/5/2017 2:31 AM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by cyoung187 on 11/5/2017 2:31:00 AM (view original):
Yes I am whining because I had bad luck, I took some chances and lost. I had a bad recruiting class and that is totally on me. That is part of the game and the way recruiting is designed now. I have no gripe with the recruiting process as I prefer this one to the past. Doesn't change the fact that this system of Sim AI signing walk-on caliber players to scholarships is completely pointless. We already have class limits to avoid the "resource loading"

Unfortunately the problem probably qualifies as more of an annoyance than serious problem and nobody really seems to be interested in developing the game anymore, so i guess expecting small tweeks is not going to happen.
Agreed
11/5/2017 8:36 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Can you stop this? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.