Can you stop this? Topic

you're already receiving a penalty for leaving open more than 3 scholarships in that the AI is signing a scholarship player for you and hurting your next season's recruiting. i don't really see why some feel the penalty should be multiplied by the auto-scholarship players potentially being sub-walkon. to me, it should be self-evident that a scholarship player > walk-on. it's just simple logic. again, not saying they should get a stud, but the player should be at least D2 caliber. (honestly this is probably part of a larger issue of atrocious sim recruiting in D1).

i don't know why there's much debate on this and it honestly comes off as the ideologically rigid counter to the "HD2 or bust whining"--it seems like "HD3-apologism" to me. granted, this is not a serious, priority error like the limited considering screen in alphabetical order issue, but i'm a bit surprised by the lack of agreement that this is at least kinda dumb.
11/5/2017 10:34 AM (edited)
The auto sign guy is ranked 137 at his position but is objectively worse than two of the Hall's three walk ons. That is goofy.
11/5/2017 11:47 AM (edited)
Posted by bathtubhippo on 11/5/2017 10:34:00 AM (view original):
you're already receiving a penalty for leaving open more than 3 scholarships in that the AI is signing a scholarship player for you and hurting your next season's recruiting. i don't really see why some feel the penalty should be multiplied by the auto-scholarship players potentially being sub-walkon. to me, it should be self-evident that a scholarship player > walk-on. it's just simple logic. again, not saying they should get a stud, but the player should be at least D2 caliber. (honestly this is probably part of a larger issue of atrocious sim recruiting in D1).

i don't know why there's much debate on this and it honestly comes off as the ideologically rigid counter to the "HD2 or bust whining"--it seems like "HD3-apologism" to me. granted, this is not a serious, priority error like the limited considering screen in alphabetical order issue, but i'm a bit surprised by the lack of agreement that this is at least kinda dumb.
Who is arguing that the penalty is appropriate or should be multiplied? I argued that the game is what it is and people complaining about it are refusing to adapt to the game as it has been designed. I also stated that I can think of valid reasons why the game designers might want more severe penalties. I didn't say I endorsed those reasons.

So while you might think my prior response to yours was "ideologically rigid" and bordering on "HD3-apologism" you'd be wrong. I think HD2 was a very flawed game that needed to be improved and I think HD3 is equally flawed and goofy as well. Personally, there are many aspects of HD3 I'd love to see changed and/or fixed but does it matter? I don't design the game, I just choose to play the game that was designed.

The bottom line is people make choices as to how to play this game. Sometimes people takes risks and they don't pan out. All I have suggested is that rather than complain, it's probably more constructive to take responsibility for your own choices and adjust your strategies accordingly to fit the game as it is currently designed.
11/5/2017 12:19 PM
All players at your level are open for scholarship at the end. If you don't have 9 players offer scholarships to the top players left at your level so the SIM doesn't sign players for you.
11/5/2017 9:53 PM
◂ Prev 123
Can you stop this? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.