Question regarding promised starts Topic

It's the last game of the regular season, a guy I promised a start to has started every other game so far this season. Does he need to start this one as well, or is there a little leeway?
11/6/2017 11:10 AM
When my promised-start guy missed just 1 start (had him 3rd LB in depth chart in a 4-3 defense and the 4th guy actually passed him in stats over the first 5 games of the season and moved up on the depth chart) his WE took a ~20-25 point hit and it took 3 games of starting him to again for his WE to move back to roughly where it was before, although it was still a couple points lower than it was initially. So there's a decent chance that your guy's WE takes a big hit as well just from one missed start and may end up with the reduced WE for the duration of the offseason. I'd be interested to know how it goes for you if you do decide to sit him.
11/6/2017 11:50 AM
plus I think you take a rep hit as well right??
11/6/2017 12:20 PM
I believe so. It's a small-ish hit from what I've read but enough that you shouldn't recruit your entire class based on promised starts and then not start most of them.
11/6/2017 12:37 PM
No Jeff, based on my experience I don't believe you need to play him.
11/6/2017 1:12 PM
Thanks, I'm going to risk it. He's not that important and I've actually got a chance to win a game I thought I would get blown out in. Maybe I'll move him up to 3rd on the depth chart.
11/6/2017 2:24 PM
Posted by jeffn48 on 11/6/2017 2:24:00 PM (view original):
Thanks, I'm going to risk it. He's not that important and I've actually got a chance to win a game I thought I would get blown out in. Maybe I'll move him up to 3rd on the depth chart.
If you are getting blown out a the half you might be able to put him in and get the start anyway.
11/6/2017 2:33 PM
It was 21-13 at the half so I decided to go for it and keep him on the bench. Then I lost 42-20, so I hope he doesn't complain.
11/6/2017 2:59 PM
Don't worry. Awags is correct. He won't complain.
11/6/2017 3:22 PM
Posted by jeffn48 on 11/6/2017 2:59:00 PM (view original):
It was 21-13 at the half so I decided to go for it and keep him on the bench. Then I lost 42-20, so I hope he doesn't complain.
I apologize, I misread what you typed. I didn't think the game had happened yet not that it was already at the half and you were still close.
11/6/2017 4:15 PM
Question regarding promised starts Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.