Advice for Struggling team Topic

Understood. Easier said then done but I will keep my eyes peeled. I've been pretty successful pulling off big trades but we will see. I am definitely keeping an eye on my defense and hopefully my mediocre pitching can get me a few unexpected wins.
11/9/2017 2:00 PM
I love mediocre unexpected wins!

11/9/2017 3:33 PM
How important is defense for a catcher? I believe it's very important but I could be wrong. I play Nicholas Petrick as my starting catcher as a great defensive catcher with decent potential for offense. My backup is a switch hitting offensive catcher. To help offset some of my too many righthanded players would it be ok to make Baker the starter?
11/9/2017 7:44 PM
If your back-up is Baker, he's not that offensive. I'd leave NP as a the starter.
11/9/2017 7:50 PM
I'd platoon, Baker vs Righties, Petrick vs Lefties, and set Petrick to come in as a defensive replacement when he isn't starting. Same setup I use on my Portland team. Defense is important for a C but my - very - personal opinion is that a pitcher's park helps a lower pitch calling rating.

11/9/2017 7:53 PM
What damag said.

Actually a little of both what Mike and damag said. I really like Petrick. Good defensive ratings and won't kill you at the plate vs lefties. Baker will eventually need to be replaced with someone who can hit very well VsR. That way you can have your hitter catcher and your defensive catcher. That's usually what I try to roll with.
11/9/2017 10:52 PM (edited)
Ok So I Swung 2 trades to help improve my team. I traded my 28 yr old 75 OVR LF Woodie Shuck and a pitching prospect for 26 yr old 69 OVR/ 74 POT Edgardo Wilfredo LF. He is a LH slugger I was looking for. Contact - 50 Power - 56 Vs L - 73 Vs R - 88 Eye- 33
I also acquired 3 players for trading German Lemke, I know he was probably my best rated pitcher but he just never really got it done for me. He was a career 44-69. For trading him I acquired 3 ML players. First was a real CF in Cam Guerrero. ML Rookie of the Year, 4 time All Star, Silver Slugger CF and Home Run Derby Champ. He is 28 yrs old 82 OVR RH CF. Range - 86 Glove - 84 Contact - 33 Power - 88 Vs L - 77 Vs R - 65 Eye - 78
Stretch Durbin SP 2 Time All Star and World Series Ring. He is 29 Yr Old RHP 75 OVR and also acquired Lisalverto Brogna 24 Yr Old RH RP 72 Ovr/ 83 POT who I will use for my ML closer.

I think adding those 4 players will also help my team drastically. Any thoughts?
11/11/2017 11:24 AM
Won't be able to see the players until the deals go through. Update when they do and I'll have a look. Gotta see the player cards to make a full assessment.
11/12/2017 5:43 PM
◂ Prev 123
Advice for Struggling team Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.