RIP Roy Halladay Topic

Died way too young.
11/7/2017 7:33 PM

We'll get to find out exactly what happened in a few years on an episode of "Air Disasters".
11/7/2017 7:45 PM
RIP Roy, What a bummer.
11/7/2017 8:21 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/plane-roy-halladay-flying-jet-ski-wings-234327786.html
11/7/2017 9:35 PM
He and Chris Carpenter were best friends. Bummer for Carp...
11/7/2017 10:31 PM
Good article here on Halladay.

On the mound, though, he could not have looked less like the virtuoso at ease. It took only a glimpse to know that Halladay was a worker above all else, that his success was no mere unspooling of innate talent. His manipulation of the baseball impressed—fastballs cutting or tailing, curveballs dipping subtly or biting hard—and he had a classic pitcher’s build, but his core gift was for focusing on the moment-by-moment labor of tallying outs. He wore a stoic expression and used a simple, repeatable delivery; he rarely celebrated or complained. He was the competitive ideal, a player who offered only his best, whatever the circumstance.

Fans outside Toronto might not remember this, but Doc struggled mightily early in his career (go to the draft center and do a search for the pitcher with at least 50 IP who has the highest ERA ever -- you'll be surprised). He went down to the minors and really worked his butt off to become what he was. I think that work ethic, and that fear of failure, stayed with him his entire career. I saw most of his starts in Toronto, and he gave it his all every single time.

11/8/2017 2:31 PM
He'll always be remembered here in philly for the person he was and what he gave our town.
11/8/2017 2:41 PM
It’s not just the high ERA in his first go round that’s amazing. He was demoted all the way back to A-ball after he still struggled at AAA. I don’t know any other player with that kind of career path. And yeah, his work ethic must have been amazing.
11/8/2017 5:07 PM
The amazing thing is they are still showing the promo video that was recorded recently with his wife saying she felt totally safe riding in it.......they need to take that down.
11/8/2017 10:05 PM
Doing touch & go's in the drink?
11/9/2017 6:56 AM
Here is how an idiot Boston radio talk show host reacted to this tragedy, just about beyond belief:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2017/11/08/michael-felger-roy-halladay-death-got-what-deserved/xWYAkKFce7Go7EEhIFl2fO/story.html
11/9/2017 9:26 AM
Posted by napolean on 11/9/2017 9:26:00 AM (view original):
Here is how an idiot Boston radio talk show host reacted to this tragedy, just about beyond belief:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2017/11/08/michael-felger-roy-halladay-death-got-what-deserved/xWYAkKFce7Go7EEhIFl2fO/story.html
The talk show host is more than deserving of the criticism he's receiving. Very callous and compassionless remarks. Sounds as if he was going out of his way to sound controversial and contrarian.
11/9/2017 1:21 PM
Yeesh, I don't even want to click on that based on what I can read in the link. Sports talk radio is the pits.
11/9/2017 1:22 PM
RIP Roy Halladay Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.