Anyone Skeptical Topic

Posted by zagsrulez on 11/8/2017 1:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 11/8/2017 1:26:00 PM (view original):
Are you sure the users don't go away?
Don't you do population numbers every so often? Has the number of HD users been going up or declining?
Its down by a lot. All time lows.

But if you believe there are tons of people (at least several thousand), which I do, then the game can recover with changes, updates and improvements.

as long as its believed that these things are worth doing and are needed to get the user population back to a healthy level then I guess its fine to wait another year to do something.
11/8/2017 2:53 PM
HD isn't the only game here and, IMO, of the two I play, it's in less need of attention.

HBD requires every world to fill with humans in order for the season to even start. Worlds sit for weeks, even months, waiting for this to happen. There are a couple of ways to make this happen(SIM teams which is probably terrible or custom-sized worlds to lower the number from 32 to something more manageable for 90% of the current worlds) but both are likely terribly time-consuming changes.

Now I know HD only players don't give a damn about HBD but it exists and it requires attention as well.
11/8/2017 2:59 PM
The products for every game are very good. Some have room for improvements, and the site overall needs a more modern touch. The home page is very early 2000s and needs to be more appealing to attract new people. But aside from that, this site just needs to be advertised. Get more players and you'll get more developers. Get more developers and the games will constantly get better. If I was in charge, I'd upgrade the look of the site to make it more modern. Then I would develop an app for the game (this is a must for growing the game) and then advertise like crazy. Then I would start working on developing the games more.
11/8/2017 3:09 PM
You sure he isn't working on ANYTHING at all?

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=491559
11/8/2017 3:10 PM
Well yeah HD users only care about HD.

just like GD users only care about GD.

and sim league users only care about sim league.
11/8/2017 3:11 PM
Posted by tdiddy3 on 11/8/2017 3:09:00 PM (view original):
The products for every game are very good. Some have room for improvements, and the site overall needs a more modern touch. The home page is very early 2000s and needs to be more appealing to attract new people. But aside from that, this site just needs to be advertised. Get more players and you'll get more developers. Get more developers and the games will constantly get better. If I was in charge, I'd upgrade the look of the site to make it more modern. Then I would develop an app for the game (this is a must for growing the game) and then advertise like crazy. Then I would start working on developing the games more.
In terms of growing the game, a well-designed app would help more than anything else.
11/8/2017 3:11 PM
Just going to throw it out there, a native app for WIS would a tremendous waste of time. This is already a web application that is optimized for mobile devices. No need to stray off the course and have IOS, Android, and Windows developers constantly updating for their own respective OS.
11/8/2017 3:13 PM
Posted by grimacedance on 11/8/2017 3:11:00 PM (view original):
In terms of growing the game, a well-designed app would help more than anything else.
Please define what you mean by "app". WIS is already a developed "WEB application". Do you mean a native app that each user would have to download and install onto their respective devices?
11/8/2017 3:22 PM
Posted by zagsrulez on 11/8/2017 3:13:00 PM (view original):
Just going to throw it out there, a native app for WIS would a tremendous waste of time. This is already a web application that is optimized for mobile devices. No need to stray off the course and have IOS, Android, and Windows developers constantly updating for their own respective OS.
The reason an app would be beneficial is people will search for apps and find this site randomly, whereas modern day phone users rarely will do a google search looking for a game. Getting a WIS app in the iStore and Google Play store would make this game known to a modern day generation. Word of mouth will only do so much, and ad banners will only generate so much business because it has to be targeted at the right audience, but an app being available and come up in game searches would get more people in the door and then the product can get them hooked.
11/8/2017 3:24 PM
Posted by tdiddy3 on 11/8/2017 3:24:00 PM (view original):
The reason an app would be beneficial is people will search for apps and find this site randomly, whereas modern day phone users rarely will do a google search looking for a game. Getting a WIS app in the iStore and Google Play store would make this game known to a modern day generation. Word of mouth will only do so much, and ad banners will only generate so much business because it has to be targeted at the right audience, but an app being available and come up in game searches would get more people in the door and then the product can get them hooked.
Yup! An app. No brainer. Creating an app creates a searchable product.
11/8/2017 3:29 PM
What is the difference between a Google search and a search in the Apple iStore? I don't know how Google Analytics work but it might be possible to pay more money for "WIS" to appear on the first page if a user searches "Sim Games." or "Sports Sims". Google is still the most used search engine for the "modern generation". Marketing and having media articles written co-signing WIS would do more wonders than hiring three dev teams to create native applications for each OS WHILE also maintaining the current web application. Because you know there will always be desktop users & people who would prefer not take space off their phone downloading an app that is also available via web browser
11/8/2017 3:31 PM
Posted by craigaltonw on 11/8/2017 3:29:00 PM (view original):
Yup! An app. No brainer. Creating an app creates a searchable product.
THIS IS ALREADY AN APP. ITS ALREADY SEARCHABLE, do you not know of Google.com?
11/8/2017 3:32 PM
If one of you geniuses with all the knowledge of how this game MUST be improved, and know exactly how recruiting and EE and coaching changes should work... find a developer, create an app, get a budget for marketing, market like hell... you will put WIS HD out of business.

An app: welcome to the future!
11/8/2017 3:33 PM
Dear google: please show me a bball simulation app I can download.

Has Zags ever had a conversation with someone under the age of, say 25?
11/8/2017 3:36 PM
Posted by craigaltonw on 11/8/2017 3:36:00 PM (view original):
Dear google: please show me a bball simulation app I can download.

Has Zags ever had a conversation with someone under the age of, say 25?
I'm 23, and I am a developer. I am telling you that APP can mean many things aka: WEB APPLICATION (Like WIS is now). and a NATIVE APPLICATION that you must download and install on your respective device.
11/8/2017 3:38 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...10 Next ▸
Anyone Skeptical Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.