Recruits more willing to come if team is in need Topic

What I mean by that is. If I have only 2 RB's will a recruit be more likely to turn green than if I have 5 RB's. Does a recruit "see" an opportunity to play more or quicker. I know I can offer the "start as a freshman or sophomore" and is that the key to turning them green.
11/10/2017 8:15 AM
Some recruits look at that and some look at education quality....I coach at Harvard and our academic standards are high. I only recruit players with 3.6 GPA or higher. Otherwise I'm afraid they will just flunk out and never see the field. :P
11/10/2017 9:12 AM
beebster32: No, I do not believe that is a factor (my personal opinion). I will do some research because that is an interesting question. # of players at position does play a role when you do position changes, so the engine is set up to use that as a factor...which makes your question interesting to me.

Freshman start gives you a ton of bang for your buck IMO. I do not think Soph start is that impactful and can be a real pain for roster planning IMO.

nitros (James)
11/10/2017 9:38 AM
I am in Division 3 so maybe this doesn't happen there, but I see people mention flunking out. I haven't seen any injuries or other things like that. Do they happen in the "off-season" or only at certain levels etc.?
11/10/2017 2:02 PM
I know it's measured in some way, because it'll have an effect on WE if you change a players position. I just don't know if it factors into recruiting.
11/10/2017 2:44 PM
Recruits more willing to come if team is in need Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.