so my team is on a 14 game losing streak. It's my first season with this team and while I had absolutely zero expectations for a winning year iam now starting to fear I may not reach my MWR of 55 games for my world. Would someone with the time be willing to look at my lineup and offer me any advice on how to maybe get some more runs per game or is it mostly my rotation that's killing me? I did notice that my overall VsR on my rotation is sub par for BLs. I've played HBD for a Few seasons before but I'll admit I never followed through so I still have a lot to learn. Thanks for any help. Also I'm not looking for answers. Just looking to see if someone could steer me in the right direction.
11/11/2017 10:29 AM
First thing I look at in these threads is the defense. Your defense at SS, 2b, CF and 3b are killing you. Improved defense at some of those spots and your pitchers will perform better, of course I'm sure you'll lose some offense.
11/11/2017 10:47 AM
Sorry to say, your defense is really poor. If you set your positions according to the recommendations the game suggests, sorry but I think of those more as absolute minimums. I know you asked about how to get more runs per game, but I think (because I did it too) that's a problem for newer owners... playing average hitters with inadequate fielding because they want to score runs first.

11/11/2017 11:16 AM
Ok this is actually the frame of thought that I was in the process of subscribing to: improved defense. Especially in terms of being able to help out my pitchers. After a comprehensive review of my farm system I have come to the conclusion that we only have up to go lol. Gloves and arm accuraciea across the system are pretty bad. Gonna see what I can do to set up a game plan to help this out to reach my MWR and move forward into the future. I appreciate the feedback!
11/11/2017 11:23 AM
Check the FA report and keep an eye on the waiver wire. You would be surprised how many defenders go unsigned that you can get for cheap.
11/11/2017 11:25 AM
I can't see what your fielding coach rating is but if you have bad fielding ratings across all levels, you may need to get a better fielding coach next season (I know that does not help this season). Fielding coach is the only single coaching position that affects ALL position players at every level so spending a little extra on that one coach is worth it.
11/14/2017 5:39 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 11/11/2017 11:25:00 AM (view original):
Check the FA report and keep an eye on the waiver wire. You would be surprised how many defenders go unsigned that you can get for cheap.
To add to this, use the search option and look in AAA. there are always teams sandbagging AAAA types with good D ratings. You can usually trade for them without giving up a lot.
11/15/2017 7:51 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.