nice work, seble -- thanks for the quick fix.
11/15/2017 2:15 PM
Posted by zorzii on 11/14/2017 8:46:00 PM (view original):
TheWiz cut a EE and IDave got him... It's time that kid is banned.
Zorzii, what are you talking about? Let me tell you the order of operations, so you can decide with more info before spouting off.

1. I log in yesterday (11/14) just prior to the 8am pacific cycle. I see an email saying "Transferring". Its Jenkins from WF.
2. I have no idea he is an EE. I do know Wiz has been talking about leaving. I figure he's dumping players for fun or whatever reason, I don't care.
3. I have 60 APs, no money, why not put them on him?
4. I keep the 60 APs on him for one more cycle and throw a scohlarship at him. He signs.

If that should get me banned, then that's a pretty interesting position to take. Good luck this season.
11/15/2017 3:11 PM
BTW -- I'm fine with the fix on him being a Senior and agree that the glitch in the game should be fixed.
11/15/2017 3:12 PM
Posted by idave101 on 11/15/2017 3:11:00 PM (view original):
Zorzii, what are you talking about? Let me tell you the order of operations, so you can decide with more info before spouting off.

1. I log in yesterday (11/14) just prior to the 8am pacific cycle. I see an email saying "Transferring". Its Jenkins from WF.
2. I have no idea he is an EE. I do know Wiz has been talking about leaving. I figure he's dumping players for fun or whatever reason, I don't care.
4. I keep the 60 APs on him for one more cycle and throw a scohlarship at him. He signs.

If that should get me banned, then that's a pretty interesting position to take. Good luck this season.
FWIW I think zorzii was referring to thewiz, not you.
11/15/2017 3:15 PM
it's time we ban everyone including Seble! Let's ban everyone except MikeT23!
11/15/2017 3:30 PM
I don't think buddha did anything wrong. Buddha - when Atwell declares, can you cut him and site mail me? :) Joking - can't believe i didn't offer that guy a scholly!!
11/15/2017 3:57 PM

Not sating banned, you did right! I am saying thewiz did it on purpose and is just a sour loser, he wanted to get revenge on bud. Bur honestly Snyder and Jenkins should not be on anyone's roster.
11/15/2017 4:00 PM
Posted by zorzii on 11/15/2017 4:00:00 PM (view original):

Not sating banned, you did right! I am saying thewiz did it on purpose and is just a sour loser, he wanted to get revenge on bud. Bur honestly Snyder and Jenkins should not be on anyone's roster.
Got it -- makes sense. Agreed on the players. Hopefully this gets fixed to stop it from happening again, on purpose or inadvertently.
11/15/2017 4:24 PM
what sucks especially is that most teams didn't even get the emails that these guys were available as transfers because of the weird setup that only certain randomly selected teams get contacted by these guys. So most of us wouldn't even be able to discover these players? Not really sure how these guys are allowed to stay on their current teams when they should have never been available....definitely not an equitable solution to all your paying customers when there are teams signing players who should be in the NBA.
11/15/2017 4:44 PM
budda said he did a "transfer search". idave said he got the transfer email.
11/15/2017 4:50 PM
I got nothing Skinz too. But anyways, it saves Auburn a bit, and UCLA gets to be favorite*10
11/15/2017 6:09 PM
In these instances, you have to actively "discover" the transfers if he did not contact you (if he contacts you, I believe he is level 1 scouted and I'm fairly certain he will only contact select schools within a certain short radius) so any search using the Recruit Pool tool would have him show up if you discover him.

In my case, I'm assuming I did FSS over the entire map just prior to the first cycle being processed in RS2 (I don't remember when I did this) but obviously steve @ St. Johns must of cut him prior to when I started the FSS (more on this later).

Once you discover him, you can obviously use any of the other tools to actively push his scouted level higher (most transfers show up as Fs by the way at level 1). There are means to even see a level 1 recruits full ratings *IF* he played in a game for his old school (you have to scour his old teams game logs to see the original player and then you can see his full ratings by clicking on him in the box score even if you only got him to level 1).

Now, the issue with using something like FSS to discover recruits is that if a coach cuts his player *AFTER* you paid for FSS, he won't show up automatically in your search. You would have to either been contacted by him, use a camp, or use your AC to look for him within a specified radius.

This is due to the fact that you paid a certain price for FSS of a state and he wasn't a part of that group (he came later) so you don't get him for free.

When wiz cut his player, Jenkins did not show up for me in any recruit pool search (signed or unsigned) even though I had FSSed every single state (only way I would of discovered him would of been camp or send out my AC which is crazy consider a coach could cut a player at any time in any cycle).

[TLDR] UCLA got lucky in that when I did FSS over the *ENTIRE* USA map, Snyder was already cut, otherwise I would of been in the dark as well.
11/15/2017 7:08 PM (edited)
IMO, the best transfer search process is via the assistant, using the “discover new players” option.
11/15/2017 7:13 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 11/15/2017 7:13:00 PM (view original):
IMO, the best transfer search process is via the assistant, using the “discover new players” option.
If you haven't scouted everywhere though, you could end up with a bunch of undiscovered players you have no interest in as you are limited in how its restricted by position or radius around your campus.
11/15/2017 7:28 PM
Posted by buddhagamer on 11/15/2017 7:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by shoe3 on 11/15/2017 7:13:00 PM (view original):
If you haven't scouted everywhere though, you could end up with a bunch of undiscovered players you have no interest in as you are limited in how its restricted by position or radius around your campus.
If you use the scouting service for the states within that given radius in the first session, you will only come up with transfers when you use the assistant in the second session, as long as you un-check the “further scout” option.
11/15/2017 9:49 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.