Seble beat me to a solution. I was going to throw this out there as a fun option to spice up things in Phelan and make the whole season a challenge.

Fun Solution- For one season in Phelan all walk-ons will have the same attributes as either Jenkins or Snyder and all will be listed as graduating seniors. Which player's attributes are given to your walk-ons will be randomly assigned. Good luck to all...
11/16/2017 1:56 AM
No dog in the fight as I don't have a team in D1 Phelan (D2, yes) but my own two cents worth is that both players should have been removed from their respective rosters and been made to have been "drafted" by NBA teams. I understand that Seble was put in a very tough situation and made what he thought was probably the fairest compromise he could but the fact remains that because both players had declared for the draft, neither should have been able to be recruited by anyone in the first place, honest intentions or not (and I DO give BOTH coaches the benefit of the doubt in this instance).

Probably wouldn't have made those two specific coaches happy but in my personal opinion it is not only the fairest thing but also the most common sense thing to do. I mean, if you stop and think about it, had it not been for the exploitation of a known loophole (that was apparently reported to CS much, much earlier) those two players wouldn't have been available to be recruited by anyone anyway.

Ehh, whatever. The boss has spoken and the verdict has been handed down. Now we can all sit back and wait to see how long it takes to fix this glitch (hopefully very quickly) or watch how many times this same fiasco plays out in the forums.
11/16/2017 5:52 AM (edited)
Users had to expend resources to acquire players. IF you give both the benefit of the doubt in that they didn't intentionally exploit a known loophole, it's not fair to remove the players. IF you think they were playing games with a glitch, then yeah, remove the players.
11/16/2017 7:00 AM
I mean UCLA will will the NC anyway so...

;)
11/16/2017 9:02 AM
I don't give theWiz the benefit of the doubt.
11/16/2017 12:20 PM
Anyways, congrats buddhagamer. I guess.
11/16/2017 12:26 PM
You guys give me too much credit.

Anyway, for this season I'm going to give *any* coach UCLA plays a say in whether they want to face my best lineup or if they feel that somehow I got what in their eyes is an illegal player (even if they feel I did nothing wrong) a choice.

All I ask is that they post publicly in the Pac 10 CC requesting it. If they want to do so, I will take my Queen off the board, and play them shorthanded (I've already got a very short bench in 2 ineligibles plus a redshirt which would then leave me only 8 players).

If a coach feels he can't beat me with what I feel is a roster I assembled under fair competition, then he can man up, ask me to do it and I will comply (and yes I will extend this into the NT assuming I make it that far).

[Edit] If a coach is going to ask, then I ask them to post as soon as possible to provide me opportunity to switch my lineup as I may not be available just prior to the game to do lineup switching.
11/16/2017 3:44 PM (edited)
Strong challenge. Kudos. You can keep him on the floor against OK St, with only 3 upperclassmen, all bench players, we’re a couple seasons from being competitive with you anyway.
11/16/2017 3:26 PM
This will be interesting if you make it to the FF.
11/16/2017 3:35 PM
haha this shouldn't extend into the NT, that would be the weakest move for your NT to pretty much request an easier tournament game.
11/16/2017 4:18 PM
I have sent the following site mail to every coach UCLA is playing in exhibition, non-conference and conference play.

Subject: Games versus UCLA in Phelan

This sitemail is going to every coach that is presently scheduled to play my UCLA squad in Phelan for season 112.

Without going into the details of which if you want a long read is mostly contained in the following long forum post:

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=505350

The jist is some coaches are questioning the validity of a senior transfer on my roster (Edward Snyder).

As a result, I'm offering any coach that is facing UCLA this season an opportunity to ban said player from participating in the game when they face UCLA.

If you want to play UCLA's best roster as I see fit, you need to do nothing.

If however, you think I obtained this player under suspect circumstances or question his legality, all I ask you do is the following:

1. Post your request to the PAC-10 Conference Chat board publicly stating your desire.
2. In addition, I request you post that request (maybe even send me a sitemail) as early as possible to allow me ample time to see it and adjust my lineup.

I will be also offering this to all my conference coaches during the CT tourney and opponents in the post-season (assuming UCLA qualifies).

While my position on the matter is I recruited said player under normal circumstances with no previous knowledge or malice, I want try and ensure my fellow coaches have a fair opportunity to voice any objection to said player.

See you guys out on the court.

Signed,

Buddha.
11/17/2017 12:24 AM (edited)
Buddha be sure not to take UCLA to China for any exhibition games. We saw what happens when UCLA players travel to China in 2017. That would give a true black eye to your great program
11/17/2017 3:40 PM
Posted by ftbeaglesfan on 11/17/2017 3:40:00 PM (view original):
Buddha be sure not to take UCLA to China for any exhibition games. We saw what happens when UCLA players travel to China in 2017. That would give a true black eye to your great program
Too late as I've visited China numerous times already in the past few seasons:

Jing Chin
Ho Xie

This program is built on the principles that diversity and inclusion will make anything far stronger...

Leonardo Lombardi
Augustus Zeger
Dikembe Abeyta
Mladen Kuzminski
11/17/2017 4:00 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.