Also, to clarify, these signed freshmen are essentially clones of the EE players. Those players were correctly moved into "retirement".
11/15/2017 1:03 PM
Posted by buddhagamer on 11/15/2017 12:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by possumfiend on 11/15/2017 12:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by johnsensing on 11/15/2017 11:10:00 AM (view original):
Posted by possumfiend on 11/15/2017 10:59:00 AM (view original):
Look, you misinterpreted my initial post. I never said you (Buddha) acted unethically. You presumed that. But you obviously feel guilty because you keep trying to deflect blame onto others (I.e., Steve and oldresorter).

You go ahead and do whatever you need/want to do to win, that’s your call. But it does cross a line to play someone you now know NEVER should have been available to you or anyone else.

It’s like getting money from an ATM and the machine mistakenly spits out $100s instead of $20s. You’ve done nothing wrong by taking money out, but the minute you start spending the money as if it’s yours you’ve crossed the line.
Why is buddha playing him wrong/unethical? He validly recruited the player, just like anyone else could have -- the player was available to anyone else in session 2. Why should he be forced to play with 11 players (or fewer) this season just because WIS can't get it together enough to fix a glitch?

BTW, your ATM analogy doesn't work -- if you try to withdraw $200 and the ATM gives you $1000, that extra $800 is not your money/property -- it's the bank's. The player here isn't anyone's "property" -- he's more akin to a $100 bill lying on the ground.
I disagree with you, but I might buy your analogy if you amended it to say the player was more akin to a counterfeit $100 bill lying on the ground.

The fact remains this “player” shouldn’t have been in the recruit pool. HD creates the talent pool for the game, but in this instance a user “created” (albeit inadvertently) an additional commodity that was no longer meant to be in the game. So, again, picking up the counterfeit bill isn’t the issue, spending it is still a problem.
No it is akin to you being handed a counterfeit $100 bill from a bank teller (WTF), and then everyone telling you later to hand it back over, not being reimbursed and finally getting called a counterfeiter by the public.
Again Buddha, I don’t think what you did was wrong, and I apologize to you if you construed my comments as such. Believe it or not, my initial comments were not directed at you. I did not call you a “counterfeiter” or a cheat. You got caught in a bad spot. So while I think your position stinks I also don’t think anyone should benefit (at the expense of all the other people who play the game) from an obvious glitch.

That being said, I respect seble’s decision and think it’s a fair and reasonable compromise. Mostly, I’m just glad he acted quickly.
Buddha has said he did not knowingly exploit it i.e he didnt know Snyder was a EE.

Wiz was the first person to call him out in this thread maybe 5 or 6th post in. Later on Wiz after already making a big deal about it cut Jenkins and idave did 100% knowingly exploit the bug.
Let's just flip a coin to decide this one.

Or roll some dice.
11/15/2017 1:04 PM
ACC conf chat:

idave101 (AU) 11/14 5:59 PM
Thanks for Jenkins Wiz. After Zorzii slipped me a mickey and stole my big this might actually save my season ;-)
11/15/2017 1:05 PM
Honestly Seble, they need to be removed. Nobody is getting penalized by it. They took a leap of faith.
11/15/2017 1:11 PM
I've corrected the draft data, so both players show up as drafted. I don't believe it's fair to punish the signing teams in this case, as it's not clear that they were intentionally abusing the bug. I will correct their classes, but otherwise leave them.

Thanks for everyone's input on this.
11/15/2017 1:15 PM
Posted by seble on 11/15/2017 1:15:00 PM (view original):
I've corrected the draft data, so both players show up as drafted. I don't believe it's fair to punish the signing teams in this case, as it's not clear that they were intentionally abusing the bug. I will correct their classes, but otherwise leave them.

Thanks for everyone's input on this.
I'll buy that for UCLA, but not for Auburn. He knowingly did it after the Snyder case was brought to light and when Wiz cut Jenkins, and even bragged about it on our chat.
11/15/2017 1:18 PM
You are the boss tho, at least it was addressed
11/15/2017 1:19 PM
Posted by indiansrck27 on 11/15/2017 1:19:00 PM (view original):
You are the boss tho, at least it was addressed
I'm fine with it. I'll give it a B+ overall.
11/15/2017 1:23 PM
okay great fix. next on the agenda: ban thecheater17 please.
11/15/2017 1:28 PM
Next on the agenda, give tdiddy3 UNC in one of the worlds.
11/15/2017 1:47 PM
Here is my first post in the Big East CC shortly after Snyder signed (signed at 5:04am server but that's 2am PST so I didn't see it until I got up Sunday morning).
buddhagamer
UCLA
(PAC 10)
11/13 1:53 PM I don't know if this was intentional on steve's part, but I can only assume that he unintentionally cut the wrong player? I don't know why Edward Snyder would be a 1 year transfer otherwise...

I signed him without any previous knowledge of steve's intent so Seble is correct in that I didn't immediately clue in to the fact the he had cut him as an EE (as opposed to doing it by accident).

Before this was brought to light, honestly what would you think happened if you saw him as a 1 Yr transfer (coach rage quit, error, etc.).

I appreciate and respect Seble's quick action for both myself and iDave, and hopefully closing the loophole for future possible EE cuts.

[Edit2] CS promptly adjusted my recruiting resources 10 minutes after ticket submission so I'm hopefully staffing is complete and we should see some other communication/changes soon!!!!
11/15/2017 4:18 PM (edited)
I give Seble an A on this. A+ for UCLA and A- for Auburn.

The guy below transferred from Washington State (I scouted him during Job Changes Period, before RS2) and signed back. Can you make all effort for a player that was cut/transferred from a team multiplied by 0 pretty easily?
11/15/2017 2:03 PM
Good thing Snyder signed with the Warriors, otherwise he'd have a really hard time traveling back and forth between UCLA and the NBA this season.
11/15/2017 2:14 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.