Trading Fatigued Player: Is fatigue erased? Topic

If I trade a fatigued player, does he spring back to zero-fatigue when he's received by the other team?

I think the answer is yes, but it's been awhile since I read about it and I don't see it in help or knowledge base.
11/13/2017 2:52 AM
I think the player is acquired at a prorated level of fatigue. For example, if it's game 81, the player is received as if he has used up exactly 50% of his allotted PA or IP, no matter how he was used by the trading team.
11/13/2017 10:03 AM
skunk is correct. In league message forums I occasionally see owners offering "underused" players for trade. From the point of view of the owner receiving the players, there's no such thing as under- or overused.
11/13/2017 10:09 AM
Zackly. Thanks.
11/13/2017 2:22 PM
This has been a point of contention in leagues allowing trades. Some owners will exchange their tired players, paticularly low iP starters, gaming the system to gain more stamina. That's one of the reason i rarely play leagues that allow trades. of course the trade can be vetoed but you rarely find 6 owners who care enough to analyze trades.
11/16/2017 11:50 PM
why i veto every trade

upshot update you rarely find 5
11/17/2017 11:16 AM
I don't have any problem with a consideration of trading away fatigue, as long as one doesn't trade such players back and forth, to launder them. In real life, players are indeed used to the point they are "broken" and teams do acquire players that are "fixed." God bless all the participants in Tommy John surgery, etc.

Consider:

1. Trades are a pretty essential part of a sim such as this.
2. It's very difficult to make trades in SLB of normal players, fitting them within the all-powerful salary caps.
3. Fatigue over a season is actually an unrealistically exaggerated part of SLB, compared to real life. (Plenty of players sit on the bench, healthy and able to play in real life, compared to SLB.)
4. Whatever I might think of next that fits, though I'm going to the store.
11/18/2017 4:33 PM (edited)
Posted by ArlenWilliam on 11/18/2017 4:33:00 PM (view original):
I don't have any problem with a consideration of trading away fatigue, as long as one doesn't trade such players back and forth, to launder them. In real life, players are indeed used to the point they are "broken" and teams do acquire players that are "fixed." God bless all the participants in Tommy John surgery, etc.

Consider:

2. It's very difficult to make trades in SLB of normal players, fitting them within the all-powerful salary caps.
3. Fatigue over a season is actually an unrealistically exaggerated part of SLB, compared to real life. (Plenty of players sit on the bench, healthy and able to play in real life, compared to SLB.)
While I understand the mechanic of trading is necessary for realism, 99%+ of my trades ever have been either AAA-for-AAA or in progressives. There are very few good uses for them in normal circumstances.

Unlike real baseball, players aren't suddenly going to get better/worse than what you pay for. Over the course of a progressive the trade concept makes sense, but in a single-season league, you're going to prefer your drafted players to someone else's players, otherwise why didn't you draft that way in the first place?
11/18/2017 6:24 PM
And that is why AAA is such a good (though so often dissed) adder to this sim. Waiver wire, too. They make it more of a game, rather than simply sets of prefigured probabilities that go on playing themselves out day after day without much intervention.
11/20/2017 12:49 PM (edited)
Posted by bagchucker on 11/17/2017 11:16:00 AM (view original):
why i veto every trade

upshot update you rarely find 5
I thought it was just because you are a grouchy person.
11/24/2017 1:47 PM
Posted by ArlenWilliam on 11/18/2017 4:33:00 PM (view original):

Consider:

Well put.
11/24/2017 1:49 PM
o i got grouches alright

fer instance you

but i forgive

whats the best book you read in the last year non-political non-historical non-baseball non-dinofriendly

?
11/24/2017 1:55 PM
The 3-Body Problem, by Cixin Liu. Science fiction from China. Read the whole trilogy.

What does "dinofriendly" mean?
11/25/2017 6:44 PM
Trading Fatigued Player: Is fatigue erased? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.