99% what a joke Topic

Posted by topdogggbm on 11/13/2017 1:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/13/2017 11:57:00 AM (view original):
I so hope this is real. I'd rather he ask for his AP back though.

After all, a dude did the RS on/off/on, lost a bunch of WE points and was instructed to send a ticket. WE restored. So every time the game doesn't work the way you want it to, you should send a ticket.
If you're referring to your wizard buddy, fine. If you're referring to me.... I didn't cry about my situation, it was THE first time I've EVER redshirted a player. CS and you, failed to show me anywhere in the rules where it states my situation. Had that happened, I made it clear I would've dealt with it and moved on. Nor would I have cared if I had to. I didn't complain, and I sure as hell wouldn't expect money back or even ask! Two totally different scenarios. With this situation, i the recruiting info for this is in writing.
No idea who it was. But, when you random hit buttons, sometimes you get a bad result. Deal with it, done send a ticket so daddy can fix your mistake. If it was you, man up next time.
11/13/2017 1:45 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 11/13/2017 1:42:00 PM (view original):
Don't feed the animals, topdog.
Love it! Mike T55,480 just polices everything here. I learned something about the game with my scenario, and it will never happen again, and even if it did, you wouldn't see me post about it. Cuz guess what, I know the rule. And it's my own fault. Negligence of the law in real life doesn't make you "not guilty". But the laws are there to be researched. It's not written anywhere what I did. You can't follow a rule that doesn't exist on paper
11/13/2017 1:58 PM
It was me. That's man'n up
11/13/2017 1:59 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 11/13/2017 1:31:00 PM (view original):
"Long Time Coach preference is ridiculously strong."

That isn't really right. At most it's like a 10% swing in effort for something like a 20 year coach vs a first year coach. I suspect it's closer to 6%.
It has to be ATLEAST 10% for Long Time Coach, Very Good vs Very Bad.
11/13/2017 2:02 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/13/2017 1:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by topdogggbm on 11/13/2017 1:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/13/2017 11:57:00 AM (view original):
I so hope this is real. I'd rather he ask for his AP back though.

After all, a dude did the RS on/off/on, lost a bunch of WE points and was instructed to send a ticket. WE restored. So every time the game doesn't work the way you want it to, you should send a ticket.
If you're referring to your wizard buddy, fine. If you're referring to me.... I didn't cry about my situation, it was THE first time I've EVER redshirted a player. CS and you, failed to show me anywhere in the rules where it states my situation. Had that happened, I made it clear I would've dealt with it and moved on. Nor would I have cared if I had to. I didn't complain, and I sure as hell wouldn't expect money back or even ask! Two totally different scenarios. With this situation, i the recruiting info for this is in writing.
No idea who it was. But, when you random hit buttons, sometimes you get a bad result. Deal with it, done send a ticket so daddy can fix your mistake. If it was you, man up next time.
I make mistakes all the time, just like you do in life believe it or not. But there's no mistake made if it is not written. It's just an "understanding" to some. I think it should be documented however. Maybe I'll send in a ticket...... dad will help us
11/13/2017 2:03 PM
Common sense is something I use. A lot.
11/13/2017 2:05 PM
It's not documented that withdrawing a scholarship offer will remove you from consideration.
It's not documented anywhere that starting a guy 80% of the time will be "good enough" for "promise start".

We know these things because it's in the forum. In short, you randomly started hitting buttons without research. You earned a lesson.
11/13/2017 2:10 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/13/2017 2:05:00 PM (view original):
Common sense is something I use. A lot.
Well... Let's not get carried away.
11/13/2017 2:24 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/13/2017 2:10:00 PM (view original):
It's not documented that withdrawing a scholarship offer will remove you from consideration.
It's not documented anywhere that starting a guy 80% of the time will be "good enough" for "promise start".

We know these things because it's in the forum. In short, you randomly started hitting buttons without research. You earned a lesson.
Honestly, I can agree with most of this. And I hate to admit it, but I agree with you on a lot of things. EE stuff (which I'm not in D1, but I stay up with things now), things related to this OP. But I also don't think this is the military, it's a game. And certain things can be handled certain ways. When your kids pee the bed when they were two, do you drill them with your same mentality? Every issue is different. I didn't do wizard style things. They have CS.... that shows this isn't a zero tolerance game.
11/13/2017 2:24 PM
Posted by zagsrulez on 11/13/2017 1:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kevodaphenom on 11/13/2017 1:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 11/13/2017 11:55:00 AM (view original):
Although... as someone who just moved D2 with one team and is now recruiting in 2nd session, it is awfully fun crushing the dreams of lowly D3 teams by swooping in and nabbing D1 guys they were probably on for the entire 1st session.

Muhahahahah
Especially when they're a perennial top team
No way that it would be an assured victory for the DII coach though. I am a NEW DII coach and I am currently in a battle with a veteran DIII coach during RS1 for a D1 recruit and I am struggling to stay in contention. The recruit has 'Wants a Long Time Coach' as a preference and we have both been on the recruit since day 1 cycle 1, and I am currently behind (DIII coach has Moderate, I am at Low). Long Time Coach preference is ridiculously strong. If I end up losing to the recruit to him, I am going to send in a ticket to CS and request a refund to HD because I don't like it.
11/13/2017 2:29 PM
Posted by zagsrulez on 11/13/2017 1:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kevodaphenom on 11/13/2017 1:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 11/13/2017 11:55:00 AM (view original):
Although... as someone who just moved D2 with one team and is now recruiting in 2nd session, it is awfully fun crushing the dreams of lowly D3 teams by swooping in and nabbing D1 guys they were probably on for the entire 1st session.

Muhahahahah
Especially when they're a perennial top team
No way that it would be an assured victory for the DII coach though. I am a NEW DII coach and I am currently in a battle with a veteran DIII coach during RS1 for a D1 recruit and I am struggling to stay in contention. The recruit has 'Wants a Long Time Coach' as a preference and we have both been on the recruit since day 1 cycle 1, and I am currently behind (DIII coach has Moderate, I am at Low). Long Time Coach preference is ridiculously strong. If I end up losing to the recruit to him, I am going to send in a ticket to CS and request a refund to HD because I don't like it.
You have a much bigger budget so unless the D3 is very close and you're really far away, you should be able to overwhelm them with HVs. Have you only been using APs? It's possible he has used promises or even some HVs to get ahead of you.
11/13/2017 2:34 PM
I have been only using AP and the recruit is very close to both of us. It's still very early recruiting (RS1). I am going to stick to AP and see if I can catch up, I find it very interesting since I thought an upper division coach immediately took precedence but it seems that a huge preference mismatch could swing the tides for a lower division coach. I like the power the "Wants Long Time Coach" brings, it makes me want to camp out at a school and build a dynasty. But there really needs to be "Wants New Coach" preference as well to counteract.
11/13/2017 2:57 PM
Posted by zagsrulez on 11/13/2017 2:57:00 PM (view original):
I have been only using AP and the recruit is very close to both of us. It's still very early recruiting (RS1). I am going to stick to AP and see if I can catch up, I find it very interesting since I thought an upper division coach immediately took precedence but it seems that a huge preference mismatch could swing the tides for a lower division coach. I like the power the "Wants Long Time Coach" brings, it makes me want to camp out at a school and build a dynasty. But there really needs to be "Wants New Coach" preference as well to counteract.
Don't think I've ever lost a battle to a DIII school, most are smart enough to know the chips are stacked against them and pull out before they invest too much. Once you throw some minutes/start in you're really on cruise control, so long as you maintain a decent level of AP on the recruit.
11/13/2017 3:25 PM
I really think you're behind because the D3 coach has offered promises. They are worth A LOT.
11/13/2017 3:31 PM
Posted by topdogggbm on 11/13/2017 2:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/13/2017 2:10:00 PM (view original):

Honestly, I can agree with most of this. And I hate to admit it, but I agree with you on a lot of things. EE stuff (which I'm not in D1, but I stay up with things now), things related to this OP. But I also don't think this is the military, it's a game. And certain things can be handled certain ways. When your kids pee the bed when they were two, do you drill them with your same mentality? Every issue is different. I didn't do wizard style things. They have CS.... that shows this isn't a zero tolerance game.
Wasn't really trying to argue with you(as you can tell in that I didn't know it was you sending tickets to correct your mistakes). My point was we do make mistakes. And, since it is a game, it should be a lesson learned. That's why I hope this is a real. KVegas either doesn't understand what could happen or he's trolling. But, as in your case, if he didn't know it could happen, he should send a ticket and ask WifS to fix it. If everyone did that, they'd stop correcting OUR mistakes.
11/13/2017 4:16 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
99% what a joke Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.