Posted by MikeT23 on 1/24/2018 12:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by willsauve on 1/24/2018 11:44:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/24/2018 10:42:00 AM (view original):
Posted by willsauve on 1/24/2018 10:17:00 AM (view original):
Yeah right.. If that trade was going down without you involved you wouldve blown your lid.. Essentially you traded a good 31 yr old 1b/DH and a meh # 5 pick for what has to be the best hitter in the league. That being said you have two seasons more of Beaven and theres probably a 30% chance that he doesnt resign. If he doesnt resign it was a fair enough deal, if he does resign you raw dogged an inexperienced player.
No, dumbass, I traded 3 pitchers for Beaven. A #4 pick, #5 pick and a supplemental pick. Don't twist what was traded to fit your agenda. And, FWIW, he's not the best hitter in the league. Probably #2 though.
You traded Fred for Alan with same owner right? Then trade Alan, Carl and Jim for Jojo

So essentially it was Fred, Carl and Jim for JoJo..... Alan the #4 pick is going back to the original team. With all of that being said, Mike is good enough at this game to recognize that the Alan and Carl are poor selections at #4 and #5 and Jim with his one pitch is near useless. If Super Mike wasnt involved in this trade he'd be screaming trade rape in progress..
If you're going to go about it that way, you have to note the other two players involved. I gave up a #48 pitcher(2nd year) for a #63 what I hope is a CF(3rd year). Fred had an OPS of .977. Jo-jo finished at 1.109. Other than age, not much different.

I know you desperately want to paint a picture but, truth is, I thought I gave up too much at the time. I felt the #4 and #5 from the previous draft was too much for a great hitting 1B. But the owner posted him as available and I said something to the effect of "I'd build around that guy but, if you want to move him, pick any 3 players on my roster and I'll take him." He picked 3 and sent the offer. I saw both pitchers as future SP2s with an outside shot at SP1. If I hadn't openly told him to pick 3, I'd have probably rejected it. As Fred suggests, finding a great hitting 1B isn't usually all that difficult. Filling out a pitching staff is.
Here's the other two gems you spoke of... You received CF and gave up SP.... Out of those two I like the CF better than the SP.. Really these two are a wash and have no real value in determining the fairness of your trade for JoJo. When you made this trade I'm sure that you posted that you think you gave up too much to make the owner who got swindled feel better about his side of the trade.
1/24/2018 1:16 PM
I just posted the exchange.

Again, when all is said and done, I gave up 4 pitching prospects and a 1B who had an OPS of .132 less than Jo-jo. And I got a CF prospect who might OPS .600 at the BL level. I know you're a hater because I outed you as a tanker but get real.
1/24/2018 1:22 PM
You're a dope, I admit you do have the skill of manipulating the English language to support your narrative. Anyway, its not your job to make fair trades its the job of the other owners in the world regulate the fairness. I'm not hating on you at all here.. You made a solid move that improved your team.
1/24/2018 2:32 PM
Well, I disagree. It's every owner's job to keep the world fair and competitive. That's why I despise tankers. I don't make trades that I wouldn't reverse.
1/24/2018 2:43 PM
I think we get too bent over if we would make the trade or not. Would I have made this trade if I were Gigz? There is no way. Does this make it a trade that should get veto'ed and shouldn't be allowed? No. This trade is perfectly legal. It doesn't circumvent the league in anyway. It doesn't give one owner a definitive advantage that should not be gained through means that the game was intended. And it has no clear signs of collusion or tanking.

Therefore its a legit trade.
1/24/2018 2:56 PM
Circumstances dictate what one will do and when. Gigz was bad and was intent on tearing down in order to start over. He saw the opportunity to acquire 3 young pitchers, two were top 5 picks the previous season, for a 1B when he had several of them. I was bad and I'm simply not content to sit around while losing. I gave up two prize pitchers, in my eyes at the time, for a fantastic hitter. Had I had the same mindset as gigz, I don't do the trade because I was trading future for current. I was simply not going to have a 50 win season on my record.
1/24/2018 3:01 PM
I won't hesitate to trade a guy like JoJo if I can get 2 fairly elite prospect starters and a cost controlled SUA. People get these elete hitters and they get more wrapped up in those hitters then the goal of winning the championship.
1/24/2018 3:18 PM
50-70HR with high average and OBP are rare and win championships. Guys like JoJo are MVP candidates every season, I'm shocked he only won once. The world is fortunate that a great team didnt get JoJo in a lopsided trade as the prospects that were dealt to acquire him are pick 20-30 type prospects. Mikes team is probably a few seasons away from being a real threat. Mike could probably flip him next season for some really good players. It will be interesting to look back in a couple seasons and judge the trade then.
1/24/2018 3:50 PM
I've said that all along. If the pitching prospects develop like I thought they would, I think I lose the trade. But, from what I've seen, they didn't. No idea how much he has in training but that's one of the reasons I was OK in making the deal. I had 14m. That wouldn't move the needle on them.
1/24/2018 4:33 PM
◂ Prev 1234

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.