Formation IQ versus Talent Topic

I assume that talent plays a much larger role in performance, but does anyone have a feel for how much formation IQ plays in. I have been starting a freshman offensive lineman who is strong at Oline (51 OL rating) but only a 32 and 30 at this point in the season on my two primary formations. The 2 guys behind him are all 50 OL rating, but their formation ratings are 49 to 55 range. I assume I should be starting the 2 guys behind him over the freshman with the 32 and 30.

Is there a scale or a feeling? Is it 75-25 Talent to formation or 50-50 or something different?
11/15/2017 4:06 PM
Actually, your 75-25 aint far from what I would guesstimate. But only way to improve talent is to play the young player and grow him. His attributes will grow faster with more playing time.
11/15/2017 4:32 PM
I generally believe that at most positions, what is you have is right (75/25 or so). With QB's though, formation IQ takes on more importance. A talented QB with a low formation IQ will throw a lot of INT's. A mediocre QB with a high formation IQ won't throw any.
11/15/2017 5:27 PM
Formation IQ versus Talent Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.