Fair Play Guidelines Question Topic

I am pretty sure I know the answer, but I wanted to get clarification to make sure I'm not missing out on a team I want.

I have FSU and a D3 team that I want to establish a Dynasty at is 800 miles from Tallahassee, so this would still be a violation despite them being in different levels. Correct?
11/17/2017 10:46 AM
Correct
11/17/2017 10:47 AM
Thanks mully
11/17/2017 10:48 AM
Yes its a violation of the Fair Play Guidelines for Hoops Dynasty:

Hoops Dynasty & Gridiron Dynasty

More than one team in the same world

One person (regardless of account used) cannot control more than one team in the same world within the same conference or within 1,000 miles or less of one another. Violation of this rule will lead to a forced relocation or removal from one of the teams.

If an owner finds himself in this situation due to accident, he should submit a support ticket and request to have himself transferred to a different school or removed from the world.

11/17/2017 10:48 AM
You'll know when WIS starts enforcing their own rules by the disappearance of all the tigerpark accounts from GD, assuming their enforcement starts with the most egregious violators.
11/17/2017 2:26 PM
Maybe CS will take my suggestion and make it mandatory for all Alt IDs to be publicly linked to prevent cheating.
11/17/2017 3:22 PM
I think cheaters will be persecuted.
11/17/2017 3:28 PM
Well I had to turn down the D3 school I really want to make a dynasty in Iba since they were already a B+ and instead had to take them in Wooden where they are a C. It will just take a little longer to get there.... and I'll have to wait a little longer to get started.

I'm now in all worlds that play 1 game per day. In short.... I'm back! =)
11/17/2017 4:28 PM
I personally feel that having two teams in the same world should be against the rules. Even 1000 miles away, you can use your scouting budget to double your impact of finding recruits. You can open up your recruiting for 1/2 your budget. I have the option of having Providence and Baylor in Naismith which I could use to have an unfair scouting advantage, but so I can avoid having to buy seasons on two accounts and also having to log in and out of 2 accounts, I'm planning to stick to one account.
11/17/2017 4:39 PM
I haven't done enough research to understand how someone could get caught doing this intentionally tho. Can someone fill me in? Cuz I believe that if someone is "trying" to cheat in this manner, then they would definitely go to great lengths to cover their tracks. Like with me being at Slippery Rock (PA), I would think I could easily create a new user name, NetTwicks123, set up a separate email account, and use my rich uncle's credit card to pay. And then get hired on at Penn State and cheat endlessly for whatever benefits this topic affects. So other than the fact that I'm a jerk, low life scum for cheating others and myself out of dignity in this world (scheming on a fake internet game, "c'mon man!"), how could I really ever be caught? I'm always confused about that when I read the threads about this topic.
11/17/2017 4:44 PM
The only way I can find would be if it someone accused you of cheating, they could look at the IP address and see that they are from the same place. It's a lot of work, so it would need to be blatant for them to look into it, but I'm sure they could do it.
11/17/2017 4:53 PM
Still confused as to why anyone would want two teams in the same world?
11/17/2017 4:56 PM
At one point when I was single and this game was new, I had as many as 15teams in 5 different worlds. It was a race to get to UNC and I wanted as many chances as I could to get them. Once I became employed it was impossible to keep up with that many teams with the time recruiting took. I’m going to attempt to keep 7 teams going. With the same race to get to UNC. But I’m going to keep one in D3 to try and make a dynasty there now that it’s more possible to do that.
11/17/2017 5:09 PM
Posted by tdiddy3 on 11/17/2017 4:53:00 PM (view original):
The only way I can find would be if it someone accused you of cheating, they could look at the IP address and see that they are from the same place. It's a lot of work, so it would need to be blatant for them to look into it, but I'm sure they could do it.
Makes sense. It's odd to me that someone would do this. I know people are people. And we all want to win of course. Losing season after season hurts, especially when you feel like you're making good decisions and heading in the right direction, yet the results don't come. Please believe! But benefiting from something like this is just weird. Not gratifying. I also wonder why coaches want multiple teams in the same world anyway? When there are 10 worlda to choose from. (Unless you desire 11+ teams OR you took over someone else's profile and you just never went away)
11/17/2017 5:17 PM
I started playing when they were adding worlds to keep up with demand. When I first joined they didn't add worlds 7-10 for quite some time after the first ones were started. I had three accounts that had teams in Naismith, Rupp and Smith. When Allen and Iba started, I joined them and eventually I had 15 teams when I realized I couldn't keep up with them all and many of them only lasted 1 season. It also was a time issue. When recruiting was completely between seasons, it was easier to recruit multiple teams at the same time and then I didn't have to worry about recruiting for quite some time.
11/17/2017 5:23 PM
12 Next ▸
Fair Play Guidelines Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.