Fair Play Guidelines Question Topic

Posted by topdogggbm on 11/17/2017 4:44:00 PM (view original):
I haven't done enough research to understand how someone could get caught doing this intentionally tho. Can someone fill me in? Cuz I believe that if someone is "trying" to cheat in this manner, then they would definitely go to great lengths to cover their tracks. Like with me being at Slippery Rock (PA), I would think I could easily create a new user name, NetTwicks123, set up a separate email account, and use my rich uncle's credit card to pay. And then get hired on at Penn State and cheat endlessly for whatever benefits this topic affects. So other than the fact that I'm a jerk, low life scum for cheating others and myself out of dignity in this world (scheming on a fake internet game, "c'mon man!"), how could I really ever be caught? I'm always confused about that when I read the threads about this topic.
The main way is when people are dumb ***** and they accidentally post under their secret name, thereby exposing themselves.

CoachSpud always talked about his other IDs but refused to reveal them. Then he accidentally posted under his l8r20 name. He tried to delete it but someone noticed it and quoted it. He tried to then say his account was hacked. The dude still denies it to this day.

I've heard of some other people accidentally posting on the conference chat and since those posts can't be deleted, it's pretty easy to catch.

But yeah, this is why I say all Alt IDs need to be linked together. Unless you're a dumbass like a Spud, it's pretty easy to get away with.
11/17/2017 5:23 PM
Haha. I've seen the spud/l8or20 comments from you all, and never knew what the basis behind it all was. Now I know.
11/17/2017 6:30 PM
According to my research, Spud, MileT23, Mully, and Benis are all the same person in real life.
11/17/2017 7:18 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 11/17/2017 7:18:00 PM (view original):
According to my research, Spud, MileT23, Mully, and Benis are all the same person in real life.
That's one damn good coaching applicant. I'd hire him at my school
11/17/2017 8:13 PM
Posted by topdogggbm on 11/17/2017 8:13:00 PM (view original):
Well, two our of four ain't bad! ;)
11/17/2017 10:20 PM
Posted by Benis on 11/17/2017 5:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by topdogggbm on 11/17/2017 4:44:00 PM (view original):
I haven't done enough research to understand how someone could get caught doing this intentionally tho. Can someone fill me in? Cuz I believe that if someone is "trying" to cheat in this manner, then they would definitely go to great lengths to cover their tracks. Like with me being at Slippery Rock (PA), I would think I could easily create a new user name, NetTwicks123, set up a separate email account, and use my rich uncle's credit card to pay. And then get hired on at Penn State and cheat endlessly for whatever benefits this topic affects. So other than the fact that I'm a jerk, low life scum for cheating others and myself out of dignity in this world (scheming on a fake internet game, "c'mon man!"), how could I really ever be caught? I'm always confused about that when I read the threads about this topic.
The main way is when people are dumb ***** and they accidentally post under their secret name, thereby exposing themselves.

CoachSpud always talked about his other IDs but refused to reveal them. Then he accidentally posted under his l8r20 name. He tried to delete it but someone noticed it and quoted it. He tried to then say his account was hacked. The dude still denies it to this day.

I've heard of some other people accidentally posting on the conference chat and since those posts can't be deleted, it's pretty easy to catch.

But yeah, this is why I say all Alt IDs need to be linked together. Unless you're a dumbass like a Spud, it's pretty easy to get away with.
LOL, I'm not around much any more. I'm amazed to see that urban myth still exists.

I totally agree with the poster that says two teams in the same world controlled by the same person shouldn't be allowed. This applies to both GD and HD for sure, and probably every WIS game.
11/18/2017 2:52 AM
Posted by snafu4u on 11/17/2017 10:20:00 PM (view original):
That would be a full time job to log in and out of 4 usernames to argue with myself.

Very plausible though.
11/18/2017 10:52 AM
Benis and MikeT for sure, right?
;)
11/18/2017 11:19 AM
Posted by Benis on 11/18/2017 10:52:00 AM (view original):
That would be a full time job to log in and out of 4 usernames to argue with myself.

Very plausible though.
I argue with myself all the time. I just don't pay money to a site to do it.

If a person has four ID's IRL they are as shady as Rick Pitino and John Calipari. Don't want to hire that guy at my school.

Two ID's I can rationalize. One for the wife, family, and professional life. One for the night out in Vegas or seedy place with the boys for a bachelor party or something. That's one for the good side and one for the not so good side. More than that in one world seems shady. IRL or in WIS. I have one ID in every world I am in..Both WIS and IRL.
11/19/2017 11:28 PM (edited)
Posted by tdiddy3 on 11/17/2017 4:28:00 PM (view original):
Well I had to turn down the D3 school I really want to make a dynasty in Iba since they were already a B+ and instead had to take them in Wooden where they are a C. It will just take a little longer to get there.... and I'll have to wait a little longer to get started.

I'm now in all worlds that play 1 game per day. In short.... I'm back! =)
I just added you to the list of coaches over 2,000 career wins.
11/19/2017 11:09 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 11/19/2017 11:09:00 PM (view original):
Well I had to turn down the D3 school I really want to make a dynasty in Iba since they were already a B+ and instead had to take them in Wooden where they are a C. It will just take a little longer to get there.... and I'll have to wait a little longer to get started.

Thanks, I didn't even realize I had that over 3000 wins lol
11/20/2017 11:28 AM
Posted by chapelhillne on 11/19/2017 11:09:00 PM (view original):

Where's this list? How come I didn't get a plaque or something?
11/20/2017 12:01 PM
◂ Prev 12
Fair Play Guidelines Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.