Did Aaron Judge get screwed? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by tecwrg on 11/17/2017 6:18:00 PM (view original):
BL is right. Instead, sj should have just tried to introduce a random player, say Milt Pappas, into the discussion. Because that's much more intelligent.
Don't be butthurt because I asked you a question you don't want to answer. Pappas was just an example.

I could have asked, is it a fact that Babe Ruth was great?

But you would have dodged that too.
11/17/2017 6:35 PM
What's with all the redlines???
11/17/2017 6:41 PM
Posted by sjpoker on 11/17/2017 6:30:00 PM (view original):
BL is right. Instead, sj should have just tried to introduce a random player, say Milt Pappas, into the discussion. Because that's much more intelligent.
BL most likely wasn't alive even within a decade of the end of Milt Pappas's career. Where do you think he gets all of his information about Milt then???
He didn't watch Pappas's games. But he has Pappas's stats.
11/17/2017 6:46 PM
Literally never saw Pappas pitch once. Not even a highlight. Don't know a thing about him.

So I'm asking you...is it a fact that he wasn't great?
11/17/2017 6:51 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/17/2017 6:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by sjpoker on 11/17/2017 6:30:00 PM (view original):
BL most likely wasn't alive even within a decade of the end of Milt Pappas's career. Where do you think he gets all of his information about Milt then???
He didn't watch Pappas's games. But he has Pappas's stats.
Never watched a game. Know almost nothing about him.

So...is it a fact that he was not great?
11/17/2017 6:56 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 11/17/2017 7:00:00 PM (view original):
Greatness is an opinion.
Is it? Is it a fact that Babe Ruth was great?
11/17/2017 7:02 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 11/17/2017 7:00:00 PM (view original):
Greatness is an opinion.
Is it?
11/17/2017 7:06 PM
Posted by sjpoker on 11/17/2017 5:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 11/17/2017 5:18:00 PM (view original):
I rarely agree with dahs, but it's hard to argue one player made all the difference when a team made the playoffs by 10 games.
It's only my opinion. But I certainly think that Altuve got a lot of traction because of his height and his personality.
You might be right - without Judge maybe the Yankees would have been a few games worse at the deadline and considered selling. No way to know that. But since there is no way to know, I think most people just say "would the team have been 11+ games worse with the next option in RF instead of Judge." And I think the answer to that is fairly obviously no...

I think Altuve got a lot of traction because his OPS+ was 164 to Judge's 171 - close with the bat - and he was much better on the basepaths and plays a little bit better defense at a much more premium position. It also didn't hurt that he's been MVP-caliber for 4 years now.
11/17/2017 7:11 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 11/17/2017 7:11:00 PM (view original):
I rarely agree with dahs, but it's hard to argue one player made all the difference when a team made the playoffs by 10 games.
It's only my opinion. But I certainly think that Altuve got a lot of traction because of his height and his personality.
You might be right - without Judge maybe the Yankees would have been a few games worse at the deadline and considered selling. No way to know that. But since there is no way to know, I think most people just say "would the team have been 11+ games worse with the next option in RF instead of Judge." And I think the answer to that is fairly obviously no...

I think Altuve got a lot of traction because his OPS+ was 164 to Judge's 171 - close with the bat - and he was much better on the basepaths and plays a little bit better defense at a much more premium position. It also didn't hurt that he's been MVP-caliber for 4 years now.
This. Both guys were really good. It’s odd to have a problem with either one winning.
11/17/2017 7:13 PM

Both were really good. Both are reasonable choices for MVP.
11/17/2017 7:16 PM

This. Either one would have been a good choice for MVP.
11/17/2017 7:17 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...18 Next ▸
Did Aaron Judge get screwed? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.