range: 83/89
Glove: 94/100
Strength: 60/64
Accuracy 60/64
Power: 53/54
Vl: 71/83
Vr: 59/68
eye: 78/81

I'm 102 games in and have a 16 game division lead. I'm looking for a super utility player to rest my starters down the stretch. I figure this guy can play just about any OF position plus 2nd and 1st base if needed. My HiA hitting coach is 71 and my ML hitting coach is 97. I realize he is not going to be a huge offensive threat, but is better than anyone on the waiver wire or FA market.

So, would you call him up now? Wait for the roster expansion? Or continue his development for 1 to 2 years?
11/19/2017 1:12 PM
Easily call him up. Bench player plus platooning VsL pitching. I love guys like that.
11/19/2017 1:19 PM
If you have a better rated hitting coach at AAA, promote him there now, then to the majors at roster expansion time.
11/19/2017 2:47 PM
If you have a 16 game lead. You really have no reason not to let prospects reach their potential in the minors. I will usually not promote a guy to ML until I need him to take a roster spot. But everyone is different. Otherwise your burning future playing time with a guy that is not fully ready. Therefore he will hit free agency when he is at his peak. But if you don't think he will eventually be a starter then bring him up.
11/20/2017 1:21 PM
Well, you promoted him to ML, so this is moot. But what I would have done was put him on the 40-man and move him to your best minor league hitting coach. Then bring him up for the playoffs--you're making the playoffs, so you don't need him to get there, just to win in the playoffs-- and demote him in the offseason when you don't get a ratings hit. That way he gains NO service time but still helps you in the way you need help.

You can use him to keep your OF/1B rested now and next season, but I'd probably let your current CF walk after his current contract and give this kid that job.
11/20/2017 2:51 PM
Why is he 24 at HiA with those ratings would be my first question.
11/20/2017 5:45 PM
Thanks for the input, I did indeed bring him up to ML mainly because my AA and AAA coaches are actually worse than my Hi-A coach (which is why I had him stuck at Hi-A). I got burned for not resting my players enough in another league and getting knocked out in the first round, so I didn't want a repeat of that.
11/20/2017 6:31 PM
Would you bring up this player to ML Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.