A new one for me Topic

I have a player on Cal Davis who was third team all-conference and, wait for it, ***second team*** all-American. How does the coding for awards manage to botch that? Are there differing criteria? So confused
11/19/2017 2:32 PM
I believe that all-conference teams only look at stats during conference play. All-American teams use the entire season.
11/19/2017 2:49 PM
He’s not your player...so why do you care?
11/19/2017 3:49 PM
Obviously the best coach on here.
11/19/2017 4:00 PM
I hate the people who taunt AB for taking over good teams. Sure, it drives me nuts a little that he takes over good teams, and doesn't do rebuilds, but he doesn't run them into the ground. He took over NW Nazarene from me and is about to land a STELLER class to back up my guys. They are even better than my guys! If he wants to take over good teams, and keep them good, that's fine with me.

He sucks.
11/19/2017 4:17 PM
I change teams often. I get bored even with dynasties and say I'm going to quit the site and drop all but a couple teams, but then I hop back in and have to grab new teams because my old ones have been taken by people who want to win. I've done some long rebuilds before, but I leave teams as good (sometimes better) as I found them. But yeah: I prefer winning to losing; real coaches take better jobs when offered to them, and why shouldn't they? Who leaves a dynasty to rebuild Stetson in real life?
11/19/2017 7:10 PM
That's a good point. Leave teams as good as you found them.

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/History.aspx?tid=7370

PI 2r
NT 2r
NT 2r
NT F4
NT 1R

to

NC Game
NC
NC Game
S16
S16
11/19/2017 7:43 PM
Posted by ab90 on 11/19/2017 7:10:00 PM (view original):
I change teams often. I get bored even with dynasties and say I'm going to quit the site and drop all but a couple teams, but then I hop back in and have to grab new teams because my old ones have been taken by people who want to win. I've done some long rebuilds before, but I leave teams as good (sometimes better) as I found them. But yeah: I prefer winning to losing; real coaches take better jobs when offered to them, and why shouldn't they? Who leaves a dynasty to rebuild Stetson in real life?
Yes they do, look at Matt Campbell at ISU. Left a great Toledo team to coach at crappy ISU team. Rebuilds are the best time for lower level coaches to move up.

Anyway congrats on the success at UC, Davis. I saw that open spot but Id feel dirty blatantly running on the coat tails of some else’s success instead of building my own squad.
11/19/2017 9:34 PM
Why take over crappy teams if you don’t have to. I haven’t had a ready made team in D1 in forever and losing without even a chance to first few seasons is such a waste IMO.
11/19/2017 9:52 PM
I haven't given WIS a dime in a very long time. In fact, the Amazon gift cards are a wonderful reason to win now.
11/20/2017 1:40 AM
Posted by zagsrulez on 11/19/2017 9:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ab90 on 11/19/2017 7:10:00 PM (view original):
Yes they do, look at Matt Campbell at ISU. Left a great Toledo team to coach at crappy ISU team. Rebuilds are the best time for lower level coaches to move up.

Anyway congrats on the success at UC, Davis. I saw that open spot but Id feel dirty blatantly running on the coat tails of some else’s success instead of building my own squad.
He left a MAC team to take a big raise at a Power 5. If you would like to give me money to take over a certain school, please say so.
11/20/2017 1:42 AM
Why does anybody care if somebody changes teams? I can't see how it would make a bit of difference to anyone.
11/20/2017 2:33 AM
Posted by kobo on 11/20/2017 2:33:00 AM (view original):
Why does anybody care if somebody changes teams? I can't see how it would make a bit of difference to anyone.
The "problem" is not with him changing teams. The problem is with him taking all the credit for the success of the teams that he's taking over. He's riding on the coattails of the previous coach who built the program, and he's inheriting the school's prestige which makes it a bit easier to maintain success.
11/20/2017 6:06 AM
But its whatever. Ab90 has 275 seasons played and has been very successful. As cubbie has stated he has rebuilt and won. Being a newer coach, I will rebuild every squad I have in the near future. CSU, Los Angeles will be a threat in no time, and that's guaranteed.
11/20/2017 9:47 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
123456 Next ▸
A new one for me Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.