What about Chipper? Topic

Posted by bad_luck on 11/20/2017 9:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 11/20/2017 9:04:00 PM (view original):
Rivera is worthy of the HOF and will, in fact, be elected. Most likely on the first ballot.

Martinez is not worthy, and barring last ballot sympathy votes next year, will drop off the ballot.

Yeah, it’s a case of narrative overriding performance. In reality, EM added more runs on offense than Rivera prevented on the mound. But Rivera pitched in New York and people tend to think there’s something special about closing. It’s a perfect storm of overrated.

Yes. Overrated. NY fans found a way to make the best relief pitcher of all time overrated.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!

* Kenny Lofton deserves to be in a Hall of Fame conversation
* Brad Radke was better than Catfish Hunter
* Strikeouts are just another kind of out
* Mariano Rivera is overrated

What am I missing in the "dumbest baseball things BL has ever said" list?
11/20/2017 9:30 PM
Lofton deserved to be seriously considered for the Hall. Not dismissed after one year.

Radke was in a comparable tier to Hunter but Hunter was better.

Correct.

Correct.
11/20/2017 9:35 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO!!!!!
11/20/2017 9:45 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/20/2017 9:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by d_rock97 on 11/20/2017 9:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 11/20/2017 8:57:00 PM (view original):
I do. I think Rivera and Edgar Martinez should both be docked for their inability to, in Rivera’s case, start and, in Martinez’s case, to play the field. It takes away from the value that they were able to create in their careers.
Exactly, their cases should be similar, but isn’t because of the team they played for (New York vs Seattle). Greatest closer of all time and Greatest DH of all time. Sure, Mariano would’ve been more valuable as a starter, and Edgar would’ve been more valuable if he played first base
Edgar is not the "greatest DH of all time".
Who’s better? It definitely ain’t Roidtiz.
11/20/2017 9:50 PM
Thomas.
11/20/2017 9:58 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/20/2017 9:58:00 PM (view original):
Thomas.
You right, I forget cuz he’s referred as a 1B
11/20/2017 10:23 PM
So a thread about Chipper Jones HOF candidacy, that doesn't need much discussion, morphs into a conversation about Mariano Rivera being over rated and bashing on bad_luck, AGAIN?!?
11/20/2017 10:32 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/20/2017 7:43:00 PM (view original):
I mean...he's definitely the greatest relief pitcher of all time, but, you know, he's a relief pitcher...skinniest kid at fat camp.
When you're the most dominant skinniest kid at fat camp of all time, you're a shoe in!!

Once Hoffman & Rivera are inducted I think more relievers will get in. After all, MLB changed the name of the Rolaids Relief awards after both legends!
11/20/2017 10:36 PM
chipper IN
11/21/2017 2:15 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/20/2017 9:35:00 PM (view original):
Lofton deserved to be seriously considered for the Hall. Not dismissed after one year.

Correct.

Correct.
It's a yes/no vote. How in the hell do you know he wasn't "seriously considered" and a huge number who "seriously considered" decided "NO"?
11/21/2017 8:33 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/21/2017 8:33:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 11/20/2017 9:35:00 PM (view original):

Correct.

Correct.
It's a yes/no vote. How in the hell do you know he wasn't "seriously considered" and a huge number who "seriously considered" decided "NO"?
Wait, we’re answering “how do you know” questions now?

ok

I’ll answer after you tell me how you know Martinez “passed the baton.”
11/21/2017 8:35 AM
GFY.

So early for you to be starting that **** again.
11/21/2017 8:39 AM
I asked you a dozen questions yesterday. Every last one was answered with a question. Now you expect me to answer your questions? LOL. You forgot your role in the relationship.
11/21/2017 8:40 AM
Posted by d_rock97 on 11/20/2017 9:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 11/20/2017 9:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by d_rock97 on 11/20/2017 9:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 11/20/2017 8:57:00 PM (view original):
I do. I think Rivera and Edgar Martinez should both be docked for their inability to, in Rivera’s case, start and, in Martinez’s case, to play the field. It takes away from the value that they were able to create in their careers.
Exactly, their cases should be similar, but isn’t because of the team they played for (New York vs Seattle). Greatest closer of all time and Greatest DH of all time. Sure, Mariano would’ve been more valuable as a starter, and Edgar would’ve been more valuable if he played first base
Edgar is not the "greatest DH of all time".
Who’s better? It definitely ain’t Roidtiz.
Papi is better. Don't be obtuse.
11/21/2017 8:58 AM
Based on what? Edgar beats Ortiz in BA, OBP, OPS, OPS+, K rate, BB rate.

Ortiz was great. But it's foolish to blindly state he was better than Edgar. I'd say they're close to even. They were just different types of hitters.
11/21/2017 9:37 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...9 Next ▸
What about Chipper? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.