Hasn't anyone told Joe Morgan... Topic

Posted by bad_luck on 11/22/2017 11:51:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/22/2017 11:30:00 AM (view original):
Damn, you took an extra dose of stupid today. Or are you smoking the legal weed this early?

Please tell me where I said coffee was a cure for addiction.

Dumbass.
You said drinking coffee or taking nodoze gave you the same effect as amphetamines.

It doesn’t. If it did, someone addicted to amphetamines could just replace amphetamines with caffeine and stop taking amphetamines.

It’s like saying aspirin and morphine are the same because they both ease pain. Just because caffeine and amphetamines are both stimulants, doesn’t mean they have the same effect.
Good lord. I said "pretty much the same effect". It's there in black and white. But putting words in my mouth is far from the dumbest thing you're doing.

Do you understand addiction? I'll answer for you. No, you're completely clueless. Educate yourself or change the subject.

No, it's not like saying that at all. Have you ever taken a couple of aspirin? Have you ever been hit with a dose of morphine? If you have, you understand the HUGE difference.

You've gone full retard before lunch. Get to work and avoid the forums today.
11/22/2017 12:02 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/22/2017 12:02:00 PM (view original):
Damn, you took an extra dose of stupid today. Or are you smoking the legal weed this early?

Dumbass.
You said drinking coffee or taking nodoze gave you the same effect as amphetamines.

It doesn’t. If it did, someone addicted to amphetamines could just replace amphetamines with caffeine and stop taking amphetamines.

It’s like saying aspirin and morphine are the same because they both ease pain. Just because caffeine and amphetamines are both stimulants, doesn’t mean they have the same effect.
Good lord. I said "pretty much the same effect". It's there in black and white. But putting words in my mouth is far from the dumbest thing you're doing.

Do you understand addiction? I'll answer for you. No, you're completely clueless. Educate yourself or change the subject.

No, it's not like saying that at all. Have you ever taken a couple of aspirin? Have you ever been hit with a dose of morphine? If you have, you understand the HUGE difference.

You've gone full retard before lunch. Get to work and avoid the forums today.
So, to you, saying:

”pretty much the same effect”

and

“the same effect”

are completely different???

I have a pretty good understanding of addiction, considering a fairly large part of my job is working with addiction treatment centers.

Similar to the “huge difference” between aspirin and morphine, there’s a huge difference between caffeine and amphetamines. Caffeine binds to receptors in your brain to keep you from feeling tired. Amphetamines flood your system with dopamine.

That’s a huge difference in how they make you feel. I know, for a fact, because I’ve done both.
11/22/2017 12:12 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/22/2017 12:16:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, me too. Pretty much the same effect. But I certainly did not use amphetamines to the point of addiction. Unless you have, you've gone full retard this morning. If you want me to change my statement, I will.

Pretty much the same effect unless you're a ******* addict from California. Better?
You’re just flat out wrong here. Caffeine and amphetamines do not have “pretty much the same effect.”
11/22/2017 12:18 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/22/2017 12:21:00 PM (view original):

Dumbass.

Just because caffeine and amphetamines are both stimulants, doesn’t mean they have the same effect.

Just because strikeouts and other kinds of outs are both outs, doesn’t mean they have the same effect.

FTFY.
Yeah, I agree. The vast majority of the time, they are the same. Sometimes a k is worse than an out in play. Sometimes an out in play is way worse than a k.
11/22/2017 12:30 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/22/2017 12:18:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, me too. Pretty much the same effect. But I certainly did not use amphetamines to the point of addiction. Unless you have, you've gone full retard this morning. If you want me to change my statement, I will.

Pretty much the same effect unless you're a ******* addict from California. Better?
You’re just flat out wrong here. Caffeine and amphetamines do not have “pretty much the same effect.”
Yeah, they actually do. I know you want us to believe you have some insight that no one else has but, sadly, you do not.
11/22/2017 12:55 PM
oh no, not this subject again
11/22/2017 12:58 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/22/2017 12:55:00 PM (view original):

Yeah, they actually do. I know you want us to believe you have some insight that no one else has but, sadly, you do not.
It’s not insight that no one else has. It’s insight everyone but you, apparently, has. I don’t have any sort of moral hold up when it comes to drugs, but it’s a plain fact that the effects of amphetamines are different from the effects of caffeine.

Not an opinion. This isn’t a situation where I’m ******* with tec and claiming it’s a fact that Catfish Hunter sucked. It’s an actual medical fact that caffeine interacts with your brain in a completely different way than amphetamines.

They are both stimulants. That’s where the similarity ends.
11/22/2017 1:15 PM
Pretty much the same effect. End of story.
11/22/2017 1:17 PM
You’re just wrong here. Sorry.
11/22/2017 1:18 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/22/2017 1:17:00 PM (view original):
Pretty much the same effect. End of story.
This.
11/22/2017 1:20 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/22/2017 1:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/22/2017 12:55:00 PM (view original):

It’s not insight that no one else has. It’s insight everyone but you, apparently, has. I don’t have any sort of moral hold up when it comes to drugs, but it’s a plain fact that the effects of amphetamines are different from the effects of caffeine.

Not an opinion. This isn’t a situation where I’m ******* with tec and claiming it’s a fact that Catfish Hunter sucked. It’s an actual medical fact that caffeine interacts with your brain in a completely different way than amphetamines.

They are both stimulants. That’s where the similarity ends.
With respect to the impact on performance on the baseball field, please explain for the group the difference between the two.
11/22/2017 1:23 PM
He can't. It's pretty much the same. All you have to do is follow the progression of stimulant use thru baseball.
11/22/2017 1:34 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...7 Next ▸
Hasn't anyone told Joe Morgan... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.