Hasn't anyone told Joe Morgan... Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 11/24/2017 7:00:00 PM (view original):
Huh? 4:17 is before 5:19. HTF did you ask me first?
Retard. You’re looking at the wrong time stamp.
11/24/2017 7:09 PM
Because of Morgan, and more importantly the Hall Board of Directors stance on the steroid era, I expect several players to get elected by the Modern Era next month as a way to sort of stick it to voters that continue to give support to Clemens and Bonds.

I'm thinking Morris, Trammell, Murphy, Garvey & Marvin Miller. As a counter point, I expect Bonds and Clemens to get an even higher amount of support from voters due to Morgan's letter.

Anybody else feel the same way?
11/27/2017 3:07 PM
I think the voters are mostly idiots. I don't care what they think. Same idiot that said pitchers should not be MVPs so he did not vote for Pedro, only to vote for David Wells the next year. Idiots and hypocrites with their own agendas.
11/27/2017 3:22 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 11/27/2017 3:22:00 PM (view original):
I think the voters are mostly idiots. I don't care what they think. Same idiot that said pitchers should not be MVPs so he did not vote for Pedro, only to vote for David Wells the next year. Idiots and hypocrites with their own agendas.
Basically true of all media, print or otherwise....
11/27/2017 3:58 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 11/27/2017 3:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 11/27/2017 3:22:00 PM (view original):
Basically true of all media, print or otherwise....
Yep

Hence I don't pay them any mind. I would not say "all" but definitely most.
11/27/2017 4:15 PM
Well there goes 7 minutes I'll never get back..

Caffeine is a poor man's stimulant. Everything gets 'slightly' amped up by convincing your brain you're no longer tired.

Amphetamines are a rich man's stimulant: whatever you focus on becomes that much more clear and well, focused.

They're not similar except to say they're both ingestible in that regard.
11/27/2017 6:20 PM
So you're saying caffeine is similar to a donut because they're both ingestable?

Your expert opinion will be given it's proper regard.
11/27/2017 6:27 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/27/2017 6:27:00 PM (view original):
So you're saying caffeine is similar to a donut because they're both ingestable?

Your expert opinion will be given it's proper regard.
Depends on what kind and how much sugar it has.
11/27/2017 6:30 PM
Your pick.
11/27/2017 6:33 PM
I think it's fair to say that the effect that greenies from the 60s and 70's had on players was much closer to high doses of caffeine than they are to the PEDs of today.

It's beyond ridiculous to equate greenies and PEDs as having the same impact on performance.
11/27/2017 6:34 PM
So it's your argument that greenies are performance enhancers but not as much as 'roids? What if a guy only took a little bit of 'roids? Is that OK?
11/27/2017 6:37 PM
This actually interests me but I don't know how to do a poll properly.

I think all of us have a "line" when it comes to cheating. I don't think anyone believes framing a pitch, pretending to catch a ball you know you one-hopped, acting like a pitch hit you, etc, etc is cheating. Some will say scuffing a ball is cheating while others will say "no different than framing a pitch". You obviously think greenies weren't so bad but PED is the devil!!! I don't have problem with PEDs so maybe some would say I have no line.

It's just an odd sort of topic.
11/27/2017 6:58 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/27/2017 6:34:00 PM (view original):
I think it's fair to say that the effect that greenies from the 60s and 70's had on players was much closer to high doses of caffeine than they are to the PEDs of today.

It's beyond ridiculous to equate greenies and PEDs as having the same impact on performance.
You’re confused. PEDs is a broad category that includes things like steroids, amphetamines, meldonium, etc.
11/27/2017 7:15 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/27/2017 6:58:00 PM (view original):
This actually interests me but I don't know how to do a poll properly.

I think all of us have a "line" when it comes to cheating. I don't think anyone believes framing a pitch, pretending to catch a ball you know you one-hopped, acting like a pitch hit you, etc, etc is cheating. Some will say scuffing a ball is cheating while others will say "no different than framing a pitch". You obviously think greenies weren't so bad but PED is the devil!!! I don't have problem with PEDs so maybe some would say I have no line.

It's just an odd sort of topic.
I think we actually kind of agree here. I’m not OK with PED use (steroids, amphetamines, whatever) but I’m also not naive. These guys are insanely competitive and fighting for roster spots worth millions of dollars.

I’m not going to pretend to be outraged at steroid use and then act like amphetamine use is no big deal. We/voters/whoever should understand that PED use goes back decades and will always be a part of all professional sports.
11/27/2017 7:19 PM
amphetamines and steroids are both performance enhancing drugs. They may not enhance to the same degree, but they both enhance performance.
11/27/2017 7:34 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7 Next ▸
Hasn't anyone told Joe Morgan... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.