Hasn't anyone told Joe Morgan... Topic

Posted by tecwrg on 11/22/2017 1:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 11/22/2017 1:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/22/2017 12:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 11/22/2017 12:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/22/2017 12:16:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, me too. Pretty much the same effect. But I certainly did not use amphetamines to the point of addiction. Unless you have, you've gone full retard this morning. If you want me to change my statement, I will.

Pretty much the same effect unless you're a ******* addict from California. Better?
You’re just flat out wrong here. Caffeine and amphetamines do not have “pretty much the same effect.”
Yeah, they actually do. I know you want us to believe you have some insight that no one else has but, sadly, you do not.
It’s not insight that no one else has. It’s insight everyone but you, apparently, has. I don’t have any sort of moral hold up when it comes to drugs, but it’s a plain fact that the effects of amphetamines are different from the effects of caffeine.

Not an opinion. This isn’t a situation where I’m ******* with tec and claiming it’s a fact that Catfish Hunter sucked. It’s an actual medical fact that caffeine interacts with your brain in a completely different way than amphetamines.

They are both stimulants. That’s where the similarity ends.
With respect to the impact on performance on the baseball field, please explain for the group the difference between the two.
Studies have shown that high dose caffeine (>500mg) actually impair psychomotor performance. Amphetamines enhance it.

From the American College of Clinical Pharmacology:

“[U]nfavorable subjective and somatic effects, as well as performance disruption, from high doses of caffeine may intrinsically limit the doses of caffeine used in the general population.”

”The amphetamines, in general, improved various aspects of attention (Digit Vigilance, Digit Symbol Substitution Test and Movement Estimation Performance) with some evidence to suggest possible enhancement in psychomotor functioning (Tracking ability) and perceptual speed.”

11/22/2017 1:38 PM
And less than 500mg of caffeine? Keep in mind a can of Red Bull has 80mg. So say less than 7 cans of Red Bull?
11/22/2017 1:44 PM
A 12 ounce cup of coffee has 175-225mg. A Nodoz has 200mg.

So “copious amounts of coffee” or “5-6 nodoz” would certainly exceed 500mg.
11/22/2017 1:48 PM
Not really answering the question, are you?

What about 400-450mg of caffeine? What effect does that have?
11/22/2017 1:51 PM
Wait, has your argument shifted from

“Ingesting a large amount of caffeine (copious amounts of coffee or eating 5-6 nodoz) gives you the same performance effects as amphetamines”

to

”two cups of coffee give you the same performance effects as amphetamines”

???
11/22/2017 1:54 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/22/2017 10:46:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/22/2017 10:24:00 AM (view original):
Greenies aren't much different than drinking copious amounts of coffee. You can eat 5-6 NoDoze and get the same effect.

Steroids allow you to work harder. Why do we hate players who want to work harder?
No. It’s not the same as a lot of caffeine.

Jesus Christ.
Let's just cut to the chase.

If a doctor prescribed the perfect amount of caffeine required to improve my skills on the ballfield would the effects be much different than taking a greenie or two?
11/22/2017 1:55 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/22/2017 11:51:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/22/2017 11:30:00 AM (view original):
Damn, you took an extra dose of stupid today. Or are you smoking the legal weed this early?

Please tell me where I said coffee was a cure for addiction.

Dumbass.
You said drinking coffee or taking nodoze gave you the same effect as amphetamines.

It doesn’t. If it did, someone addicted to amphetamines could just replace amphetamines with caffeine and stop taking amphetamines.

It’s like saying aspirin and morphine are the same because they both ease pain. Just because caffeine and amphetamines are both stimulants, doesn’t mean they have the same effect.
HUH? Where in here did you point out dosage amounts?
11/22/2017 1:56 PM
Just admit you're an idiot who stepped in a pile of **** before you had the right amount of caffeine this morning and we can move on.
11/22/2017 1:58 PM
I'll answer any question you want if you say the following:

"Hi, I'm mike. I've decided to change my argument. I no longer think a large dose of caffeine (5-6 nodoz) is pretty much the same as taking amphetamines. I now think a relatively small dose of caffeine, such as two cups of coffee, is pretty much the same as taking amphetamines."
11/22/2017 1:59 PM
So what, exactly, are you arguing?

1. Caffeine and amphetamines cannot have the same effect
2. MikeT23 doesn't have a clue how much caffeine is in coffee or NoDoze

Because it started out as 1. It's obvious from your very first post. And you were wrong.
It now appears to be 2 over your last couple of posts. And, in your ever-changing point, you're right. I have no idea how much caffeine is in coffee/NoDoze. I only knew Red Bull because of the can in the trash.

But that's how you argue. And it's also why you're a clown. And why everyone knows it.
11/22/2017 2:05 PM
I'm arguing #1. They do not have the same effect. It's obvious to anyone that a relatively small amount of caffeine isn't going to improve performance like amphetamines.

Regarding, #2, it's not the fact that you don't know how much caffeine is in coffee or nodoz, it's the fact that you were clearly trying to indicate a high dose of caffeine, evidenced by the fact that you said "copious amounts of coffee or 5-6 nodoz." Even if you don't know exactly how much caffeine that is, it's common sense that it would be a high amount.
11/22/2017 2:09 PM
11/22/2017 3:32 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 11/22/2017 11:41:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/22/2017 10:24:00 AM (view original):
Greenies aren't much different than drinking copious amounts of coffee. You can eat 5-6 NoDoze and get the same effect.

Steroids allow you to work harder. Why do we hate players who want to work harder?
still a performance enhancing drug
Legal until 1968 to boot.
11/22/2017 3:48 PM
Damn, you took an extra dose of stupid today. Or are you smoking the legal weed this early?

Dumbass.
You said drinking coffee or taking nodoze gave you the same effect as amphetamines.

It doesn’t. If it did, someone addicted to amphetamines could just replace amphetamines with caffeine and stop taking amphetamines.

It’s like saying aspirin and morphine are the same because they both ease pain. Just because caffeine and amphetamines are both stimulants, doesn’t mean they have the same effect.
You can't become physically addicted to amphetamines.
11/22/2017 3:51 PM (edited)
Posted by The Taint on 11/22/2017 3:51:00 PM (view original):

Dumbass.

You can't become physically addicted to amphetamines.
Well, whether or not they’re addictive is somewhat beside the point but

https://americanaddictioncenters.org/amphetamine/
11/22/2017 4:06 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...7 Next ▸
Hasn't anyone told Joe Morgan... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.