Hasn't anyone told Joe Morgan... Topic

Yup completely mental. You can stop using amphetamines after 10 years of use and not go through any physical side effects. Cocaine, heroine or alcohol all have the capability of killing you due the physical addiction.
11/22/2017 4:14 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/22/2017 2:09:00 PM (view original):
I'm arguing #1. They do not have the same effect. It's obvious to anyone that a relatively small amount of caffeine isn't going to improve performance like amphetamines.

Regarding, #2, it's not the fact that you don't know how much caffeine is in coffee or nodoz, it's the fact that you were clearly trying to indicate a high dose of caffeine, evidenced by the fact that you said "copious amounts of coffee or 5-6 nodoz." Even if you don't know exactly how much caffeine that is, it's common sense that it would be a high amount.
OK, then tell us what effect less than 500mg of caffeine has. Then tell us about the effects of amphetamines. We're all dying to know. Better not be any similarities though. That's really gonna F up your argument.
11/22/2017 4:17 PM
I first started taking amphetamines for staying awake/alertness. Started a 10 year run. Now I drink coffee for staying awake/alertness. Players taking greenies weren't taking them for the pleasure receptor factor. They were taking them to wake up after their night of drinking to play games and/or the feeling that they were somehow more on top of their game being all amped up. The same I do with coffee now.

I think Mike is closer to being right than you are giving him credit for.
11/22/2017 4:19 PM
I'm arguing #1. They do not have the same effect. It's obvious to anyone that a relatively small amount of caffeine isn't going to improve performance like amphetamines.

Regarding, #2, it's not the fact that you don't know how much caffeine is in coffee or nodoz, it's the fact that you were clearly trying to indicate a high dose of caffeine, evidenced by the fact that you said "copious amounts of coffee or 5-6 nodoz." Even if you don't know exactly how much caffeine that is, it's common sense that it would be a high amount.
From the link you posted:

However, an article from TIME discusses a study that showed students who use amphetamines do not perform any better; in fact, they often perform worse. Nevertheless, the drug does make people feel like they can focus more and do better even if the opposite is true.
11/22/2017 4:22 PM
Posted by The Taint on 11/22/2017 4:20:00 PM (view original):
I first started taking amphetamines for staying awake/alertness. Started a 10 year run. Now I drink coffee for staying awake/alertness. Players taking greenies weren't taking them for the pleasure receptor factor. They were taking them to wake up after their night of drinking to play games and/or the feeling that they were somehow more on top of their game being all amped up. The same I do with coffee now.

I'm right. There is no question.

If you drink 10 Red Bull or a dozen cups of coffee, you won't feel "right". So no one looking for an edge will drink that much. They'll find the proper "dosage" and consume that much. No one took 27 greenies because one made them feel better so 27 would make them feel 27 times better.

BL stepped on his dick and is now arguing that I have no idea how much caffeine is in coffee/NoDoze. And he's right about that, I don't. That's all he cares about.
11/22/2017 4:27 PM
Posted by The Taint on 11/22/2017 4:14:00 PM (view original):
Yup completely mental. You can stop using amphetamines after 10 years of use and not go through any physical side effects. Cocaine, heroine or alcohol all have the capability of killing you due the physical addiction.
Whether or not amphetamines are addictive is beside the point.
11/22/2017 4:50 PM

They are/were taking them to focus and to help them get through the long season.

Like a said before, both are stimulants but comparing them is like comparing aspirin and morphine. They work differently and you get different results.
11/22/2017 4:57 PM (edited)
Posted by The Taint on 11/22/2017 4:22:00 PM (view original):

From the link you posted:

However, an article from TIME discusses a study that showed students who use amphetamines do not perform any better; in fact, they often perform worse. Nevertheless, the drug does make people feel like they can focus more and do better even if the opposite is true.
Um ok. The students weren’t being measured for athletic performance. There are other studies that show psychomotor skills improve with amphetamine performance.
11/22/2017 4:55 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/22/2017 4:27:00 PM (view original):

I'm right. There is no question.

If you drink 10 Red Bull or a dozen cups of coffee, you won't feel "right". So no one looking for an edge will drink that much. They'll find the proper "dosage" and consume that much. No one took 27 greenies because one made them feel better so 27 would make them feel 27 times better.

BL stepped on his dick and is now arguing that I have no idea how much caffeine is in coffee/NoDoze. And he's right about that, I don't. That's all he cares about.
Actually, you’re wrong.

A small amount of caffeine does not have the same effect as amphetamines.
11/22/2017 4:58 PM
LOL. Continue repeating your retardness. It won't make you right but, if it makes you feel better, go for it.
11/22/2017 5:00 PM
Mike: a lot of caffeine has the same effect as amphetamines.

Me: no it doesn’t, here’s actual evidence.

Mike: what about a small amount of caffeine?

Me: well, I don’t think anyone believes a small amount of caffeine has the same effect as amphetamines, do you?

Mike: Ha! Gotcha, I’m right.

Me:?????
11/22/2017 5:10 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/22/2017 5:10:00 PM (view original):

Me: well, I don’t think anyone believes a small amount of caffeine has the same effect as amphetamines, do you?

What you don't realize is that if you substitute "Mike" with BL, for most every argument you partake in, that works too.
11/22/2017 5:18 PM

Do you know that people can read this thread? Your recaps are inaccurate and decidedly not funny.

What is funny is how you said "Nope, not the same effect" and changed it to "HA!!! You don't even know how much caffeine is in a cup of coffee!!! I win!!"

And you completely ignored tec's question about how one or the other affects play on the field.
11/22/2017 5:29 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/22/2017 5:29:00 PM (view original):

Do you know that people can read this thread? Your recaps are inaccurate and decidedly not funny.

What is funny is how you said "Nope, not the same effect" and changed it to "HA!!! You don't even know how much caffeine is in a cup of coffee!!! I win!!"

And you completely ignored tec's question about how one or the other affects play on the field.
I’m starting to wonder if you have read the thread.

I’m still saying “nope not the same.”

I answered tec.
11/22/2017 5:44 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
Hasn't anyone told Joe Morgan... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.