Hasn't anyone told Joe Morgan... Topic

Posted by bad_luck on 11/27/2017 7:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/27/2017 6:58:00 PM (view original):
This actually interests me but I don't know how to do a poll properly.

I think all of us have a "line" when it comes to cheating. I don't think anyone believes framing a pitch, pretending to catch a ball you know you one-hopped, acting like a pitch hit you, etc, etc is cheating. Some will say scuffing a ball is cheating while others will say "no different than framing a pitch". You obviously think greenies weren't so bad but PED is the devil!!! I don't have problem with PEDs so maybe some would say I have no line.

It's just an odd sort of topic.
I think we actually kind of agree here. I’m not OK with PED use (steroids, amphetamines, whatever) but I’m also not naive. These guys are insanely competitive and fighting for roster spots worth millions of dollars.

I’m not going to pretend to be outraged at steroid use and then act like amphetamine use is no big deal. We/voters/whoever should understand that PED use goes back decades and will always be a part of all professional sports.
I'm not going to act like I'm "anything goes" but until MLB prohibited the use of specific drugs, I'm not going to blame players for using them. If you want to bust a guy for Winstrol today, so be it. But, in 1998, it was not a banned substance. I don't care if they were doing shots in the dugout back then. The same applies to amphetamines in the 60s. As I understand it, there were bowls of them in the clubhouse.
11/27/2017 7:40 PM
BL is still stepping on his dick.
11/27/2017 10:52 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7
Hasn't anyone told Joe Morgan... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.