Favorite Division Topic

Im Currently in D2 and having a pretty good time with my hometown team of Bellarmine in Louisville, KY. Im likely going to make the jump up to D1 following this season but i was hoping to get some opinions on which dividion is more fun and why.

Any and all opinions welcome. Thanks in advance!
11/22/2017 12:11 PM (edited)
I'm in a full division in D3-Smith. I've enjoyed it immensely even when I'm not winning.
I'm in a partial division in D2-Rupp. Not nearly as much fun and no attachment to team. Not sure if it's the partial fill or the fact that the entire Rupp-D2 experience is just a stepping stone to D1.

If you're enjoying where you are, not sure moving is a good idea.
11/22/2017 12:13 PM
I prefer D1.

To succeed in D2/D3 in 3.0, you need to have the patience to spread around AP points and see who doesn't get gobbled up by D1. When recruiting opens up, I want to go out there and attack and fight for the guys I want instead of waiting and hoping and praying that some D1 team doesn't notice them for a few cycles.
11/22/2017 12:23 PM
Posted by grimacedance on 11/22/2017 12:23:00 PM (view original):
I prefer D1.

To succeed in D2/D3 in 3.0, you need to have the patience to spread around AP points and see who doesn't get gobbled up by D1. When recruiting opens up, I want to go out there and attack and fight for the guys I want instead of waiting and hoping and praying that some D1 team doesn't notice them for a few cycles.
More or less what I was gonna say. D1 recruiting is the most fun.

Its basically the only division where I feel recruiting works as it should (besides the whole EE thing).
11/22/2017 12:53 PM
After 10 or so seasons in D3, I made my move to D2. The difference in scouting budgets between the two division is ENORMOUS. I was able to scout clear across the country and nab players with 'Far From Home' preference, which is the coolest thing ever for me right now. D3 I could barely afford to FSS my neighboring states AND get players to L3 scouting.
11/22/2017 1:45 PM
DI recruiting is the most fun. EEs are maddening though.
11/22/2017 4:17 PM
I have one team in each division right now. D3 is the most fun simply because I'm in a full and competitive conference. D2 is my favorite for recruiting. I'm still learning D1, but finding that recruiting there is by far the most strategic and difficult. Lots of fun mixing it up with the big boys though.
11/22/2017 5:50 PM
I've always enjoyed D3 most. I think landing a good D1 recruit is one of the best parts of the game. Going to try D1 soon. Being able to go after guys right away will be fun.
11/22/2017 11:06 PM
D1 in conferences with some chatter going on. You can talk about current games, recruiting, basically anything because you are involved in one aspect or another all season.

D2 is where my Alma mater is and I like the conference mates there too. Only thing is recruiting talk waits mostly to session 2 or your bragging on a guy might get him snatched away by a D1 reading your conference chat (my big mouth trying to get some chatter going paid that price).

IMO if you get in a conference with some people that will chat with you, plan to stay, and willing to help it is the best situation.
11/23/2017 11:32 AM
Favorite Division Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.