Ghost human coaches Topic

I have a human coach in my conference in one of my worlds who is a ghost for the past 2 years. They clearly do not recruit, schedule or game plan for their team. This is hindering our conference in many ways. Can anything be done by WIS to kick them out or at least replace them with a SIM?
11/23/2017 4:24 PM (edited)
they paid for their team - if they choose to ignore it hard to take it away
11/24/2017 4:44 AM
There is precedent for CS removing ghosted humans. Send a ticket-worst they can say is there's nothing they can do.
11/24/2017 7:16 AM
agree - no harm in trying and agree I think at some point - like many many seasons they may do something

but a couple of seasons wont make much of an impact on support
11/24/2017 8:31 AM
They should be able to stop the auto renew. Hope much griping can a guy do if he hasn't checked in for 3+ months?

It's been done in HBD. A guy doesn't check in despite reserving the next season, he gets replaced and his reserved credit is sent back to him.
11/24/2017 8:54 AM
Hey, you shouldnt talk about me like this buck....just because I suck doesnt mean I am a "ghost coach"
11/24/2017 12:17 PM
Exactly my point MikeT23. I agree with the refund aspect you brought up. I played a few seasons on Hardball Dynasty & saw absentee coaches get replaced by a sim. I also wonder how prevalent this is in throughout all of the worlds in HD. I bet not nearly as high as HBD. Furthermore, a season of HBD must have all teams fill up in a given world & also costs more $ to play per season than HD, giving priority to the needs of the human HBD coaches.
11/25/2017 10:54 AM
Well Crabman, I guess you’re not a ghost after all! Problem solved ;)
11/25/2017 10:56 AM
They WILL remove ghost ships. They have done it before.
11/25/2017 12:06 PM
This was awhile ago but thought it was interesting specifically the bold part. I know they have done it before but back in MArch when there was a ghost user I submitted that ticket and as you can see they told me it couldnt be done.

Hi Michael,

There are no renewals for either team. If they return it is because they are actively coaching the teams.

It does look like it has been at least 10 days since they have last checked in on the team, but there are no Terms of Use or Fair Play Guidelines that would allow us to remove them from the team for being absent.

Thank you.
11/26/2017 10:53 AM
As frustrating as it is to read their response, thanks for your input on the matter Indiansrck27.
11/27/2017 2:40 PM
CS will attempt to contact them, and if it is a Ghost Team with no response, they have history of taking action.
11/30/2017 9:49 AM
We have a coach in one of my conferences that is the all time losing coach in the world. Been at this team since season seven.
12/17/2017 8:18 PM
Posted by indyrider123 on 12/17/2017 8:18:00 PM (view original):
We have a coach in one of my conferences that is the all time losing coach in the world. Been at this team since season seven.
93 seasons without even a NT appearance is pretty impressive
12/17/2017 9:46 PM
It would almost have to be intentional. Seems like if you were making any effort, you could make the tourney at least once in 93 tries.
12/17/2017 10:21 PM
12 Next ▸
Ghost human coaches Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.