In still learning this game as well, but a few things that stand out is defense. Your RF is below average in most fielding ratings. Also, your catchers will get run on all day long with both being low in arm strength and accuracy. Both catchers have low pitch calling ratings so that will spike your pitchers ERA. Having a franchise in Tacoma, you will need to rely on pitching and defense to win games as well as getting players that can get on base with high eye ratings. As I said, I'm still learning, so maybe someone more experienced will have different advice.
11/26/2017 1:43 AM
Your team doesn't look horrible to me. Kinda middle of the road, certainly not as bad as a few others I've seen. Defense looks tolerable, Cs might be a problem but then your starter is one of your best hitters so I see why he's there. Biggest issue I'm seeing is that three of your SPs are getting hit hard right now. Maybe reduce their pitch counts and innings a little. BTW, I've not seen a player like Matt Mauer before. Damn shame.

11/26/2017 10:30 AM
I agree with damag but will also ask if this is a merged league. Seems like those come up a lot in these "what's wrong" threads - you're playing superteams.
11/26/2017 10:41 AM
Fielding is good, bullpen and hitting are good but your starting pitching is what I would change. I see 1 good pitcher in Borbon, I mediocre pitcher in Myers and then a lot of LrB guys. I'd want one more guy that can give you 7 innings a game with a VsR over 80 or with the first 2 pitches 80+ (preferably both) and then 1-2 more guys with splits and pitches in the low 70's. First guy, if you decide you are going for it could be an aging vet (33 yo + on a bad team) the other 2 you can get from anywhere.

Good luck.
11/26/2017 12:30 PM
Thanks for looking and the advice.
11/26/2017 3:18 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.