Multi year walk ons Topic

It'd be nice if you could have the option to keep the same walk-on the next year without offering a scholarship. Rarely is their any use for them but if it came down to it it would be nice to have a ****** player that's at least been in the system a couple years and made some gains.
11/26/2017 11:03 PM
I would be okay if they were still recruited by Sim if you offered them a scholarship and could cut without penalty later. I have signed two walk on's since 3.0 went in, and both at once became better players because their potentials improved and WE went up. If you look at my WVU squad, my SF West was the last of the two and has just finished his senior year. I kept him because I could find nobody better to recruit. Ended up being a valued backup.
11/27/2017 11:56 AM
https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=3667025 William West was the walk on I referred too.
11/27/2017 12:29 PM
Posted by cardman17 on 11/26/2017 11:03:00 PM (view original):
It'd be nice if you could have the option to keep the same walk-on the next year without offering a scholarship. Rarely is their any use for them but if it came down to it it would be nice to have a ****** player that's at least been in the system a couple years and made some gains.
You shouldn't be able to both keep the walk-on and get the extra recruiting resources for the open slot.

That being the case, if you want to keep a walk-on you should just give him a scholarship.
11/27/2017 1:18 PM
Why not? Walk ons are sub par. In real life walk ons don't leave unless they become contributors and are offered a scholly. I really shouldn't get resources for some sub 400 player?
11/27/2017 2:39 PM
I've never had a walk on worth playing a min, let alone earn a scholly. Maybe if they stuck around for more than a year.
11/27/2017 2:40 PM
Posted by cardman17 on 11/27/2017 2:39:00 PM (view original):
Why not? Walk ons are sub par. In real life walk ons don't leave unless they become contributors and are offered a scholly. I really shouldn't get resources for some sub 400 player?
Eliminates risk. Get the resources, fail, keep the slightly better walk-on. Rinse, repeat next season.
11/27/2017 2:54 PM
Posted by cardman17 on 11/27/2017 2:39:00 PM (view original):
Come on dude. You do so get resources. You get them exactly once.
11/27/2017 3:11 PM
I'm not actually concerned about keeping a walk on, just thought it was an odd process. I do my best not to play sub 500 players, so I'm not really interested in playing a walk on. Just got used to seeing tricky Rick pitino use Jr and Sr walk ons in some key situations due to injury and what not.
11/28/2017 4:17 AM
Multi year walk ons Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.