Shohei Ohtani Topic

Again, the original post is clear to anyone with even a remedial comprehension level. You bonked and tried to slither your way out of it. Your vanity or stubbornness, or whatever it is won't let you admit that. That's just stupid.
If you want to scour the Political threads looking for your lies (should we call them untruths or maybe rumors, instead) and opinions expressed as facts, go ahead. I know it won't take you very long. Just another thing you're trying to slither out of for some strange reason.
I know you say you're not a Liberal, just liberal, but this "It's not my fault." and "I didn't do that." - when you did, stuff sure seems awfully Liberal-like.
2/23/2018 5:38 PM
I like how you ignore where I said it started as a joke. Sure you think that's just another attempt to "slither" out from "my mistake".
Like I said, I could care less what you think about me and my opinions. You constantly voice your opinions as if they are facts, but I guess its okay if you're doing it. You don't want to try to find instances of me voicing my opinions as fact because you won't find any. I don't need to "scour the political threads" looking for me posting opinion as fact. I know I won't find any.

And by the way, whose jobs are these foreign athletes that come over here taking? Certainly not yours or mine. I know I'm not good enough to be a professional athlete, and I doubt you are either. If someone is good enough to play in the NBA or the MLB or the NFL, they will get a job there regardless of how many international athletes come over here.
2/23/2018 6:04 PM (edited)
Without looking I know for a fact you have stated that "Anyone who doesn't believe _______ is dumb/a moron/stupid." Is that a fact?

113 foreign players on opening-night NBA rosters. You don't think there were 113 Americans who would have liked those jobs?
238 foreign players on last season's opening MLB rosters. I'm sure no Americans would want those either.

2/23/2018 6:25 PM
I'm sure there are 1000s of Americans who would have liked those jobs, but they are not good enough to have them, so the foreign players did not take their jobs.

If you know it for a fact that I've said that, prove it.
I will admit my mistakes. For instance it was a mistake to debate this subject with you this long. I will rectify that by not discussing it anymore. That doesn't mean I won't discuss other things with you, just not this. Matter of fact, if its not about politics, I think we may agree more often then not based on the non-political posts from you I've seen.
2/23/2018 6:34 PM
Debating all3 is always a mistake. Dude is brain damaged.
2/23/2018 7:19 PM
Posted by all3 on 2/21/2018 10:22:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 2/20/2018 8:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 2/20/2018 2:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bagchucker on 2/20/2018 2:04:00 AM (view original):
yeah because quarter of the league ain immigrants
Hey, let's take a bunch of Americans to some other Country to get ridiculously-paying jobs while giving almost zero effort to learn the language.

Think we'd have much luck with that, or be well-received by the citizens of that Country?
Clarify something for me: does this hypothetical country have a national language?
Just the one that every immigrant knew they'd need to learn to survive, and they accepted that fact, for about the first 300 years of the Country's existence.

That is revisionist history...

Pennsylvania translated all government documents into German until the '50s. We're experiencing an increase in non-English speakers over the past few decades but aren't close to the number of non-English speakers from the first century of our country's history.

Actually, it's even more sad that you're telling us about the first 300 years when the US has only existed for 241 years. You need to quote your talking heads more carefully.
2/23/2018 8:16 PM
That is interezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
2/23/2018 8:40 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/23/2018 8:40:00 PM (view original):
That is interezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
But Mikey, your "let's argue all day while we say nothing" buddy b_l is back.
Doesn't that make you warm and fuzzy?
2/24/2018 8:55 AM (edited)
Posted by bad_luck on 2/23/2018 7:19:00 PM (view original):
Debating all3 is always a mistake. Dude is brain damaged.
Says the most abused man in WIS history : by a W - I - D - E margin.
2/23/2018 11:17 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 2/23/2018 6:34:00 PM (view original):
I'm sure there are 1000s of Americans who would have liked those jobs, but they are not good enough to have them, so the foreign players did not take their jobs.

If you know it for a fact that I've said that, prove it.
I will admit my mistakes. For instance it was a mistake to debate this subject with you this long. I will rectify that by not discussing it anymore. That doesn't mean I won't discuss other things with you, just not this. Matter of fact, if its not about politics, I think we may agree more often then not based on the non-political posts from you I've seen.
So if the foreign players weren't filling those roster spots, teams would leave them empty?

Proof: (almost exactly what I said I'd find. Took me all of 8 pages of 1 thread) Can we drop the holier than though crap now?
wylie715
Hall of Famer
Add Favorite
Block User
I could give a **** about confederate monuments and where they are. How about we ban assault rifles for private citizens? Can we agree on that?
2/22/2018 5:35 PM

tangplay
Rookie
Add Favorite
Block User
I can agree on that.
2/22/2018 5:36 PM

wylie715
Hall of Famer
Add Favorite
Block User
anyone who can't is an idiot
2/22/2018 5:36 PM
2/23/2018 11:25 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 2/23/2018 8:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 2/21/2018 10:22:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 2/20/2018 8:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 2/20/2018 2:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bagchucker on 2/20/2018 2:04:00 AM (view original):
yeah because quarter of the league ain immigrants
Hey, let's take a bunch of Americans to some other Country to get ridiculously-paying jobs while giving almost zero effort to learn the language.

Think we'd have much luck with that, or be well-received by the citizens of that Country?
Clarify something for me: does this hypothetical country have a national language?
Just the one that every immigrant knew they'd need to learn to survive, and they accepted that fact, for about the first 300 years of the Country's existence.

That is revisionist history...

Pennsylvania translated all government documents into German until the '50s. We're experiencing an increase in non-English speakers over the past few decades but aren't close to the number of non-English speakers from the first century of our country's history.

Actually, it's even more sad that you're telling us about the first 300 years when the US has only existed for 241 years. You need to quote your talking heads more carefully.
Who was I quoting?
People in this Country before the Revolution didn't speak?
2/23/2018 11:36 PM
I don't know who you were quoting. I don't listen to talk radio.

Of course people spoke. But there wasn't a country. If you just want to talk about the land that comprises the current US, then 300 years ago only a thin strip along the east coast was even predominantly English speaking. The deep south and midwest spoke more French, California and Texas spoke more Spanish, Hawaii spoke their own Polynesian language, and most of the rest - including some of these areas - had populations that primarily spoke indigenous First Nations languages.
2/24/2018 12:25 AM
Wahooian
2/24/2018 1:45 AM
As an American, I am proud that this Country has the best baseball, basketball and football (I'll even say American football for the soccer crowd) leagues on Earth. I respect that athletes from other Countries want to come measure themselves here, against the best. However, anyone you tries to claim that those foreign athletes are not taking opportunities away from Americans is just flat-out wrong. Even basic math proves it: if the NBA has 480 jobs available and gives 113 of them to foreigners, they have 367 left for Americans. 367 < 480. That not a political, social, or racial argument, that's basic, factual, inarguable math.
2/24/2018 8:54 AM
Who should get the First Lady gig, a foreign tart or a corn- fed American like Stormy Daniels?
2/24/2018 9:11 AM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10|11 Next ▸
Shohei Ohtani Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.