Shohei Ohtani Topic

Posted by bronxcheer on 2/24/2018 9:11:00 AM (view original):
Who should get the First Lady gig, a foreign tart or a corn- fed American like Stormy Daniels?
It's always best when 2 women share.
2/24/2018 9:28 AM
Posted by all3 on 2/24/2018 8:54:00 AM (view original):
As an American, I am proud that this Country has the best baseball, basketball and football (I'll even say American football for the soccer crowd) leagues on Earth. I respect that athletes from other Countries want to come measure themselves here, against the best. However, anyone you tries to claim that those foreign athletes are not taking opportunities away from Americans is just flat-out wrong. Even basic math proves it: if the NBA has 480 jobs available and gives 113 of them to foreigners, they have 367 left for Americans. 367 < 480. That not a political, social, or racial argument, that's basic, factual, inarguable math.
How many American basketball players are playing professionally overseas?
2/24/2018 11:15 AM
Posted by dahsdebater on 2/24/2018 11:15:00 AM (view original):
As an American, I am proud that this Country has the best baseball, basketball and football (I'll even say American football for the soccer crowd) leagues on Earth. I respect that athletes from other Countries want to come measure themselves here, against the best. However, anyone you tries to claim that those foreign athletes are not taking opportunities away from Americans is just flat-out wrong. Even basic math proves it: if the NBA has 480 jobs available and gives 113 of them to foreigners, they have 367 left for Americans. 367 < 480. That not a political, social, or racial argument, that's basic, factual, inarguable math.
How many American basketball players are playing professionally overseas?
Is comparing 1 Country to the whole World fair? I'll certainly bet the % is much, much, much lower, for any sport, in any Country, than in the NBA and MLB.
How many of those leagues limit the number of Americans (or total immigrants)?
How many of those leagues pay anywhere near what the American leagues pay?
How many of those leagues promote players who can't even speak the native language as stars?
Arguing those points is as senseless as arguing elementary math. I suspect (at least I sure hope) you really know that, and are trolling.
2/24/2018 11:30 AM
but if those 113 Americans were good enough, the foreign athletes would not be able to take their jobs, they'd be on NBA rosters.
2/24/2018 1:46 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 2/24/2018 1:46:00 PM (view original):
but if those 113 Americans were good enough, the foreign athletes would not be able to take their jobs, they'd be on NBA rosters.
So now you're admitting they take the Americans' jobs?
Thought you were done with this subject.
2/24/2018 4:43 PM (edited)
Merit based immigration.
2/24/2018 4:47 PM
Posted by bronxcheer on 2/24/2018 9:11:00 AM (view original):
Who should get the First Lady gig, a foreign tart or a corn- fed American like Stormy Daniels?
corn fed

no doubt
2/24/2018 6:39 PM
In actual baseball news:

Making his MLB debut in Saturday's Cactus League win over the Brewers, Shohei Ohtani surrendered two runs (one earned) on two hits while striking out two over 1 1/3 innings.
As far as Cactus League games go, this one had all the intrigue in the world. Ohtani -- who shined as both a pitcher and hitter in Japan -- signed on with the Angels in December. The 23-year-old turned in a mostly solid spring debut on Saturday, marred only by a Keon Broxton solo home run which he allowed in the second inning. Pitching debut now in the books, Ohtani will likely see his first work as a hitter in the coming days, though no exact date has been stamped on that. The Angels will be rolling with a six-man rotation this year, which will keep Ohtani on the same kind of schedule he kept in Japan. Feb 24 - 6:52 PM
2/24/2018 6:56 PM
Posted by all3 on 2/24/2018 4:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 2/24/2018 1:46:00 PM (view original):
So now you're admitting they take the Americans' jobs?
Thought you were done with this subject.
Oh, I wasn't aware it was the same subject. Tell me, why are they "American jobs? They are the jobs of anyone who is good enough to fill them, whether American, or anything else. So, no I did not admit the foreign athletes take American jobs. They take jobs that are open to anyone who can take them.
2/25/2018 1:01 AM
woah now buddy

hold yer horses

that sounds like unfettered free market capitalism
2/25/2018 1:41 AM
Posted by bagchucker on 2/25/2018 1:41:00 AM (view original):
woah now buddy

hold yer horses

“Capitalism”

2/25/2018 2:11 AM
Better showing at the plate than he had on the mound.

Shohei Ohtani drew two walks and smacked an RBI single in his hitting debut at DH on Monday afternoon against the Padres.
Ohtani went down 0-2 in his first North American plate appearance against Jordan Lyles before battling back to earn a free pass. He then drew another walk in the third inning before driving in Eric Young Jr. with a single up the middle in the fifth.

2/26/2018 11:40 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 2/25/2018 1:41:00 AM (view original):
woah now buddy

hold yer horses

It's amazing how many people are for the free market, until there's a situation that doesn't fit their agenda. The rubes talking **** about Delta pulling their NRA discount come right to mind.
2/27/2018 11:57 AM
Because knee-jerk reactions are always right?
2/27/2018 12:11 PM
take a day to think about it
2/28/2018 7:20 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11 Next ▸
Shohei Ohtani Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.