Curt Schilling HOF Topic

Posted by Jtpsops on 11/30/2017 12:26:00 PM (view original):
That's what people said each of the past 6 years. O's, Rays and Jays combined for 7 playoff spots in that time. And Boston had 3 last place finishes.
Think that will happen this year? Do tell. Boston also won the WS in 2013. How many did the combo of TB, Tor and Balt win?
11/30/2017 12:28 PM
My point is, people have a habit of handing the top 2 spots in that division to the Sox and Yankees every year, no matter what.

Boston has a strong team, but I think the other four, a lot is going to be determined by what they do with their offseasons.
11/30/2017 12:31 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 11/30/2017 12:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 11/30/2017 11:42:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 11/30/2017 11:19:00 AM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 11/30/2017 9:41:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 11/30/2017 12:45:00 AM (view original):
Posted by d_rock97 on 11/29/2017 11:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 11/29/2017 10:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by d_rock97 on 11/29/2017 10:43:00 PM (view original):
Oh man, Obama and the economy doing well. Good laugh
You said the only thing that matters to you is the stock market...did the market go up over 300 percent under Obama or not?
Well alright, I guess I just misspoke.

You got me there.

Point is that how the economy is doing is most important to me. The economy stalled under Obama, its booming under Trump.
Just a heads up, this is technically still Obama’s economy.
The economy can't sit stagnant for 8 years under a president and when it turns around under a new admin it still be his economy. If we had steady progression under Obama then you could still count this as his economy. The economy is getting better mainly because of deregulation that was crippling business. It took a turn for the better when he left office and Trump immediately started rolling back the regulations. Obama had the worst post-recession recovery in our countries history. Dems also want to say "look at the mess that Obama took over." They can't use that argument because Reagan took over an even worse mess and had a MUCH better recovery.
It didn’t sit stagnant for 8 years. It’s been progressing the entire time. Reagan spent at a much higher rate than Obama, helping growth.
But it didn't. GDP was consistently low, wages remained consistently low, and the number of people on social welfare programs were on the increase. Numbers don't lie. Compare Obama's recovery to any post-recession recovery in US history and your tune will change about Obama's economy.

As far as spending, our national debt almost tripled under Obama. Where did all that money go?
  • I give BHO a mulligan on the debt as the economy was in shambles when he took over thanks to Bush. Thank you, George.
  • What I didn't like was him ignoring the entitlements. In 1945 I believe there were 30 workers for every retired person. By 2030 that # will be 2:1 it was a big elephant in the room and instead of attacking it he spent all his energy and political capital on the ACA. We see now how that is working out.
  • The other mistake was exiting Iraq the way he did and allowing ISIS to form. We are still dealing with that mess.
  • The Left complains about Russia but it was under the watch of BHO that Putin gained the power he did and he took Crimea without much resistance.
  • If the Left like bad_luck wants to give BHO credit for the stock market then he should also be blamed for what is happening in N. Korea. He allowed that regime to get out of control.
  • The Left further blames DJT for the escalated racial tensions but to be fair under BHO the tensions grew as BLM formed on his watch. I am still wondering what the looters were protesting in Baltimore? African American all: City Coun; Police Chief; Mayor; Attorney General and President.

What I didn't like was him ignoring the entitlements. In 1945 I believe there were 30 workers for every retired person. By 2030 that # will be 2:1 it was a big elephant in the room and instead of attacking it he spent all his energy and political capital on the ACA. We see now how that is working out.

You keep repeating this dumb ****. What exactly did you want him to do? Cut social security? Cut Medicare? Not only would that have been incredibly unpopular and a disaster politically, but it would have ****** the economy.
11/30/2017 12:50 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/30/2017 12:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 11/30/2017 12:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 11/30/2017 11:42:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 11/30/2017 11:19:00 AM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 11/30/2017 9:41:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 11/30/2017 12:45:00 AM (view original):
Posted by d_rock97 on 11/29/2017 11:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 11/29/2017 10:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by d_rock97 on 11/29/2017 10:43:00 PM (view original):
Oh man, Obama and the economy doing well. Good laugh
You said the only thing that matters to you is the stock market...did the market go up over 300 percent under Obama or not?
Well alright, I guess I just misspoke.

You got me there.

Point is that how the economy is doing is most important to me. The economy stalled under Obama, its booming under Trump.
Just a heads up, this is technically still Obama’s economy.
The economy can't sit stagnant for 8 years under a president and when it turns around under a new admin it still be his economy. If we had steady progression under Obama then you could still count this as his economy. The economy is getting better mainly because of deregulation that was crippling business. It took a turn for the better when he left office and Trump immediately started rolling back the regulations. Obama had the worst post-recession recovery in our countries history. Dems also want to say "look at the mess that Obama took over." They can't use that argument because Reagan took over an even worse mess and had a MUCH better recovery.
It didn’t sit stagnant for 8 years. It’s been progressing the entire time. Reagan spent at a much higher rate than Obama, helping growth.
But it didn't. GDP was consistently low, wages remained consistently low, and the number of people on social welfare programs were on the increase. Numbers don't lie. Compare Obama's recovery to any post-recession recovery in US history and your tune will change about Obama's economy.

As far as spending, our national debt almost tripled under Obama. Where did all that money go?
  • I give BHO a mulligan on the debt as the economy was in shambles when he took over thanks to Bush. Thank you, George.
  • What I didn't like was him ignoring the entitlements. In 1945 I believe there were 30 workers for every retired person. By 2030 that # will be 2:1 it was a big elephant in the room and instead of attacking it he spent all his energy and political capital on the ACA. We see now how that is working out.
  • The other mistake was exiting Iraq the way he did and allowing ISIS to form. We are still dealing with that mess.
  • The Left complains about Russia but it was under the watch of BHO that Putin gained the power he did and he took Crimea without much resistance.
  • If the Left like bad_luck wants to give BHO credit for the stock market then he should also be blamed for what is happening in N. Korea. He allowed that regime to get out of control.
  • The Left further blames DJT for the escalated racial tensions but to be fair under BHO the tensions grew as BLM formed on his watch. I am still wondering what the looters were protesting in Baltimore? African American all: City Coun; Police Chief; Mayor; Attorney General and President.

What I didn't like was him ignoring the entitlements. In 1945 I believe there were 30 workers for every retired person. By 2030 that # will be 2:1 it was a big elephant in the room and instead of attacking it he spent all his energy and political capital on the ACA. We see now how that is working out.

You keep repeating this dumb ****. What exactly did you want him to do? Cut social security? Cut Medicare? Not only would that have been incredibly unpopular and a disaster politically, but it would have ****** the economy.
You mad bro?

I wanted him to address the issue and make some changes yes. DJT didn't do it either. Shame.
11/30/2017 1:49 PM
I'm not mad, I'm asking you what changes you think should be made.
11/30/2017 1:55 PM
WTF makes you think cccp is qualified to know that? I mean, you feel qualified to say "an out is an out" but I bet you can't hit MLB pitching. cccp didn't like what Obama did. That doesn't mean he knows what he SHOULD have done.
11/30/2017 1:59 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/30/2017 1:59:00 PM (view original):
WTF makes you think cccp is qualified to know that? I mean, you feel qualified to say "an out is an out" but I bet you can't hit MLB pitching. cccp didn't like what Obama did. That doesn't mean he knows what he SHOULD have done.
If you're going to criticize someone, you should at least have a general idea of what you wanted them to do instead.

When you (not you mike, "you" in general) say, "Obama didn't address Medicare," what do you mean? How would you have liked him to address Medicare? How do you know he didn't address Medicare?

And you don't have to be able to hit MLB pitching to know that how a player makes his outs over the course of a season really doesn't matter. You just have to be able to read.
11/30/2017 2:05 PM
Thanks, Mike and I am not an expert but if you held a gun to my head:
  • Hire a commission to come up with a solution. Take the best and brightest from colleges, companies, etc.
  • Raise the retirement age to 72? SSI eligible age. Do the same with Medicare.
  • People who have saved over say $5mil (I am not sure what the number should be I'd ask the commission) would not receive SSI or Medicare.
  • More oversight on medicare. Older people should not be allowed to go to doctors daily because they are bored (they do that).
I know it is not popular but it needs to be addressed and to me is a more pressing issue than health insurance. Just my opinion. I was disappointed that BHO didn't address it and that DJT is not either. Now DJT believes he can grow revenues enough to fund these plans but he may be overly optimistic but he should be given a chance.
11/30/2017 2:23 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 11/30/2017 12:31:00 PM (view original):
My point is, people have a habit of handing the top 2 spots in that division to the Sox and Yankees every year, no matter what.

Boston has a strong team, but I think the other four, a lot is going to be determined by what they do with their offseasons.
Why do you believe Boston is better than NYY? I am not sure about that.
11/30/2017 2:25 PM
I'm sure many may disagree, but I feel like NY overperformed last season. Their bullpen is great, and they have Judge, but I'm still not sold on their starting rotation and overall, I think they produced more than the sum of their parts in 2017.
11/30/2017 3:28 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 11/30/2017 12:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 11/30/2017 12:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/30/2017 9:03:00 AM (view original):
Anyone who thinks, even for second, that jtpops is not a raging moron is dumber than allowed. Which is, of course, why wylie has been blocked for about a year and a half. Being disagreeable isn't block-worthy(haven't blocked long-winded dahs or BL or any of their sycophants).. You have to be really stupid to reach that level. A scattered few have.
that's nice, *******, but I've never voiced a theory on whether jtspop (or whatever his name is) is a raging moron or not. All I said was that you and BL agreeing on something would make me think it was probably wrong. Maybe you are on BL's level of stupidity. Congratulations!
Wow since when are you and Mike in a feud?
I'm not in a feud with Mike. He's not worth feuding with.
11/30/2017 4:28 PM
The coyote gets it
11/30/2017 4:28 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 11/30/2017 3:28:00 PM (view original):
I'm sure many may disagree, but I feel like NY overperformed last season. Their bullpen is great, and they have Judge, but I'm still not sold on their starting rotation and overall, I think they produced more than the sum of their parts in 2017.
That is fair.
12/1/2017 8:28 AM
Damn y’all post too much when I’m gone.
12/1/2017 5:22 PM
if you were gone more, we'd post less!
12/1/2017 6:11 PM
◂ Prev 1...21|22|23|24 Next ▸
Curt Schilling HOF Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.