Fork This New Recruiting Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
" I just don't understand why more people don't complain about the randomness of recruiting decision. "

Plenty of people did complain, but for the most part people who understand it and are okay with the change from deterministic model to probabilistic model are doing fine. The complainers mostly didn't understand the game beyond "random" or "coin flip" or "dice roll." Gradually the whiners have either left the game or piped down and learned it, and the forums are way better than they were a few months ago or a year ago. Much less need for the waaaambulance now. Good luck.
11/29/2017 1:38 AM
Posted by spoon2 on 11/28/2017 11:14:00 PM (view original):
Fork you WIS, are you trying to lose coaches? Last recruiting cycle, which sucks because there's no lsat hour of recruiting if you need it, a recruit has a scholly offer and doesn't take it? Fix your gawdamn new recruiting bull shirt, what kid wouldn't take a scholly??? Aww shirt, another long time user about to leave, THANKS
the last cycle is weird. They sign at like 2am.

check again, did he sign?
11/29/2017 6:17 AM (edited)
Posted by mad4oasis on 11/29/2017 12:50:00 AM (view original):
Im also very close to calling it quits. I just don't understand why more people don't complain about the randomness of recruiting decision. i had 3 battles which for 2 recruits I had 60%+ but lost both to 32% & 21% while the 3rd I had 39% and lost. Basically you budget your APs, HVs and CV along with favorable preferences to have a clear advantage only to randomly lose the recruit. Its like a student that does all of his homework and gets good grades on quizzes and tests only to receive a C grade in the class. Just doesn't make any sense and its driving me crazy
I've had bad luck with my SDSU team. I'm 0 for 6 on dice rolls.

So once I lose a dice roll I just go poach a D2 team.

Now my D1 team is as good as a D2 team. muahahahaha
11/29/2017 6:19 AM
Posted by l80r20 on 11/29/2017 1:38:00 AM (view original):
" I just don't understand why more people don't complain about the randomness of recruiting decision. "

Plenty of people did complain, but for the most part people who understand it and are okay with the change from deterministic model to probabilistic model are doing fine. The complainers mostly didn't understand the game beyond "random" or "coin flip" or "dice roll." Gradually the whiners have either left the game or piped down and learned it, and the forums are way better than they were a few months ago or a year ago. Much less need for the waaaambulance now. Good luck.
You are right that I don’t understand how a probabilistic model is better than a deterministic model. Care to explain?
11/29/2017 8:05 AM
Okay, so he signed during the night, not a great kid but okay...so is that written somewhere that there is a cycle at 2 am to finish recruiting, because I would have gotten the other guy I was trying to get who was WAY BETTER, but he wasn't up to having the scholly released until 11, but recruiting was over. Why not just say recruiting ends at 2 am and have full recruiting options open at 11 pm?
11/29/2017 8:14 AM
Posted by spoon2 on 11/29/2017 8:14:00 AM (view original):
Okay, so he signed during the night, not a great kid but okay...so is that written somewhere that there is a cycle at 2 am to finish recruiting, because I would have gotten the other guy I was trying to get who was WAY BETTER, but he wasn't up to having the scholly released until 11, but recruiting was over. Why not just say recruiting ends at 2 am and have full recruiting options open at 11 pm?
It's not written anywhere. I just know because the same thing happened to me. I was expecting a kid to sign at 11pm but he didn't. I sent in a ticket around 1am when I was drunk ******** about it. Then around 2am (when I was even drunker) I saw he signed and closed the ticket.

Seems like a simple fix.
11/29/2017 8:36 AM
LOL

Okay WIS, how about telling people? Seble, you on here?
11/29/2017 9:16 AM
I can't believe people are still complaining about this. It's been in effect for well over a year. No battles? First loss? What changed today from November of last year?
11/29/2017 9:30 AM
Posted by spoon2 on 11/28/2017 11:14:00 PM (view original):
Fork you WIS, are you trying to lose coaches? Last recruiting cycle, which sucks because there's no lsat hour of recruiting if you need it, a recruit has a scholly offer and doesn't take it? Fix your gawdamn new recruiting bull shirt, what kid wouldn't take a scholly??? Aww shirt, another long time user about to leave, THANKS
+1 That happened to me... Last cycle still farked up

Offered a ship before 11pm ET to get to Very High then a recruit signs with a team at moderate. smh
11/29/2017 9:33 AM
mully, it appears your obsession caused you to post yet another worthless off-topic non-contribution, as usual. I suggest you get help.

For everyone else discussing the topic set forth in the OP, I note that the recruiting cycles haven't changed for a long time. There have been plenty of seasons to explore how they work. That said, it is a shame that it couldn't be clarified just a bit in the otherwise excellent World Schedule.
11/29/2017 10:54 AM
1|2|3...9 Next ▸
Fork This New Recruiting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.