Fork This New Recruiting Topic

Both spud and l80r20 use the term waaaaambulence.
11/29/2017 11:19 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
As I said, if we want to keep the system, at least make VH-VH only battles. It will make for less frustration. One season, I had three lost rolls... And I had over 50% on all players because I played well. And I quit Alabama rebuild because of this. It cost money to the game for sure. Nobody wants to get a 20 % guy steal a player while they took all the right decision.

It's the same with the ees...
11/29/2017 1:53 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I fully support creative cursing such as "farked", "forked", or "shirt", and think we need more examples of this.
11/29/2017 2:07 PM
Posted by zorzii on 11/29/2017 1:53:00 PM (view original):
As I said, if we want to keep the system, at least make VH-VH only battles. It will make for less frustration. One season, I had three lost rolls... And I had over 50% on all players because I played well. And I quit Alabama rebuild because of this. It cost money to the game for sure. Nobody wants to get a 20 % guy steal a player while they took all the right decision.

You do realize that the High/Very High designations are just artificial constructs, right?
11/29/2017 2:10 PM
Posted by possumfiend on 11/29/2017 2:10:00 PM (view original):

You do realize that the High/Very High designations are just artificial constructs, right?
Don't be obtuse. He's advocating making it so that unless a player has a 40% chance to win in a two-man battle, he should have zero chance -- which is a good idea.
11/29/2017 2:53 PM
Posted by johnsensing on 11/29/2017 2:53:00 PM (view original):

Don't be obtuse. He's advocating making it so that unless a player has a 40% chance to win in a two-man battle, he should have zero chance -- which is a good idea.
If I want to be obtuse, I will be, that’s my choice to make, not yours. At any rate, it’s not necessarily a good idea unless you want to seriously undermine the ability of lower prestige teams to compete. Personally, I’m against stifling competition in that manner.
11/29/2017 2:59 PM
"If I want to be obtuse, I will be, that’s my choice to make, not yours. "

hahaha. Honestly this is one the best responses I've seen on here in awhile. Well done.
11/29/2017 3:08 PM
For the record, I'm in favor for limiting the long shot signings of the dice roll to a minimum of approximately 37.5%
11/29/2017 3:09 PM
I don’t know if I can give you a bright yellow line number of where the cutoff should be. I think that number has to be set based on just how much different two teams prestige levels should be and that still allows the lower prestige team to “have a chance” to sign the player given that everything else, except prestige, is equal.
I assume, perhaps falsely, that HD had something in mind when they designed the system and only they have the data to see if it’s “working as intended”.
11/29/2017 3:16 PM
Isn't it pretty easy to see if it's working as intended? Shouldn't it be determined on whether people enjoy playing a game (i.e. paying for a game) that is set up this way.

I'm not saying this one item is the sole cause but the dwindling user population suggests that HD 3.0 is NOT working as intended.
11/29/2017 3:38 PM
You're talking about a very vocal minority. Recruiting may or may not be a reason anyone is leaving. Personally, I think the long trudge to D1 is a big turn-off. But the "PAY YOUR DUES!!!!" very vocal minority damn sure won't fight that.
11/29/2017 3:43 PM

I do but still not close enough imo.
11/29/2017 3:57 PM
Posted by possumfiend on 11/29/2017 2:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by johnsensing on 11/29/2017 2:53:00 PM (view original):

If I want to be obtuse, I will be, that’s my choice to make, not yours. At any rate, it’s not necessarily a good idea unless you want to seriously undermine the ability of lower prestige teams to compete. Personally, I’m against stifling competition in that manner.
I was a lower team at Alabama and played my cards right.
11/29/2017 3:58 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...9 Next ▸
Fork This New Recruiting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.