Fork This New Recruiting Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 11/29/2017 3:43:00 PM (view original):
You're talking about a very vocal minority. Recruiting may or may not be a reason anyone is leaving. Personally, I think the long trudge to D1 is a big turn-off. But the "PAY YOUR DUES!!!!" very vocal minority damn sure won't fight that.
Well since the job process hasn't changed, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that isn't the reason so many people have left.
11/29/2017 4:07 PM
You mean the entrenched folk that never changed jobs? OK.
11/29/2017 4:30 PM
Changing job is hell but pay your dues could be less. The
11/29/2017 4:31 PM
I really don't think a vast number of people join to coach a D3 school. They accept that dues must be paid. But they tend to think a winning record at D3 U then D2 State could qualify them for D1 crap. Eventually they figure out it's a 5-6 season process. A year. In today's world, where 3 minutes on 1 subject is considered a long time, a year to coach a crappy D1 is a lifetime.
11/29/2017 4:38 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/29/2017 4:38:00 PM (view original):
I really don't think a vast number of people join to coach a D3 school. They accept that dues must be paid. But they tend to think a winning record at D3 U then D2 State could qualify them for D1 crap. Eventually they figure out it's a 5-6 season process. A year. In today's world, where 3 minutes on 1 subject is considered a long time, a year to coach a crappy D1 is a lifetime.
And this hasn't changed. Same as it always has been.
11/29/2017 4:39 PM
Shorten it but why get someone to D1 if he can't even make the nt at d2?
11/29/2017 4:40 PM
Posted by Benis on 11/29/2017 4:39:00 PM (view original):
Ooooooookkkkkkkk. I know you're being intentionally dense. I'll go slower.

WifS changed the game. A bunch of long-time owners got pouty because site ownership didn't ask their permission. They quit.
Some new people joined. Not as many that quit but some new ones nonetheless. They said "Oh! Michigan!!!" only to realize they would start as some **** D3 school in Michigan.
Then they started their journey. Only to realize that Michigan job probably wouldn't be there when their apprenticeship is up. So they stop their journey and play WoW where they can be King Troll within a few weeks.
11/29/2017 4:47 PM
Posted by zorzii on 11/29/2017 4:40:00 PM (view original):
Shorten it but why get someone to D1 if he can't even make the nt at d2?
Because D1 is 1/3, if that, full?

The journey made sense when every world had 500-600 people in it. It doesn't now. You guys like updates, right?
11/29/2017 4:48 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/29/2017 4:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 11/29/2017 4:39:00 PM (view original):
Ooooooookkkkkkkk. I know you're being intentionally dense. I'll go slower.

WifS changed the game. A bunch of long-time owners got pouty because site ownership didn't ask their permission. They quit.
Some new people joined. Not as many that quit but some new ones nonetheless. They said "Oh! Michigan!!!" only to realize they would start as some **** D3 school in Michigan.
Then they started their journey. Only to realize that Michigan job probably wouldn't be there when their apprenticeship is up. So they stop their journey and play WoW where they can be King Troll within a few weeks.
Ah I see.

New people back in 2013 would stick around to play the game after learning they needed to start at a ****** D3 school.

New people now in 2017 do not want to stick around to play the game after learning they needed to start at a ****** D3 school.
11/29/2017 4:59 PM
Yeah, I don't know anything about 2013. Nor do I care. The path to D1 is painfully slow and D1 is a veritable ghost town. Sure would be stupid to make that path quicker so people could compete against people.
11/29/2017 5:36 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/29/2017 5:36:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, I don't know anything about 2013. Nor do I care. The path to D1 is painfully slow and D1 is a veritable ghost town. Sure would be stupid to make that path quicker so people could compete against people.
Gee. I wonder if this wasn't brought up about 5,000 times before. Instead of making that change they decided to overhaul recruiting. Now we have 46 D3 human coached teams in a world.
11/29/2017 5:48 PM (edited)
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/29/2017 5:36:00 PM (view original):
Long topic of discussion. Change long needed.
11/29/2017 5:49 PM
I have NO dog in this fight. So this is completely a question. So please, no one attack me for my dumb thought or my ridiculous idea or whatever.

But are any people here in favor of some type of cap for how long you can coach ONE particular team in a world?

i mention this because for all the players that haven't been playing for the last 5 years, i would assume most/all the Big 6 teams that people want, have been filled by a dominant coach. And that coach has no room to go "UP" any longer. Locking down a UNC/UK/UCLA for the next 100 season's. If a limit was in place, that would create movement, openings for possibly other deserving humans, and also force that coach that was pushed out due to a limit, to start over somewhere and reignite a flame again in the rebuild process.

Personally i avoid D1 cuz I'm not good enough yet to get a big name school (which is why i say that i have no dog in this fight). I don't wanna coach at Toledo or somewhere and get pounded every year by Big 6 teams, all while knowing that none of those coaches will leave anytime soon for me to have a shot at them schools. I'd rather stay at D2 and compete at a higher level. Just an example.

Once again, this is a question to the forum.... Not something I'm pushing for
11/29/2017 5:50 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/29/2017 3:43:00 PM (view original):
You're talking about a very vocal minority. Recruiting may or may not be a reason anyone is leaving. Personally, I think the long trudge to D1 is a big turn-off. But the "PAY YOUR DUES!!!!" very vocal minority damn sure won't fight that.
Then you aren't paying attention to the coaches corners in your world. Every season I read about ~5 coaches leaving the game because they cant stand the new recruiting system.

Doesn't take a scholar to see that it creates frustration which leads to SIM coached schools. Top coach in DI Smith left a couple of seasons ago for that very reason.
11/29/2017 5:57 PM
Solution:

Close some worlds. Give advanced notice. Give credits, equivalent of two-three seasons. People will either stay or go. It takes three seasons at the most to be competitive at any level. D1 will fill up fast and then things get solved. They opened too many worlds and now things are skewed.
11/29/2017 5:58 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...9 Next ▸
Fork This New Recruiting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.