Class size question Topic

6 open roster spots.
Currently one redshirt FR on team.
Will I be able to sign 6 Freshmen in the first recruiting session ...
or just 5?
11/29/2017 3:58 PM
From the FAQ, seems like just 5.

Q: Is there a limit to how many recruits I can sign in one recruiting class?
A: There is no limit to recruits in one class, BUT there is a limit of 6 players in each eligibility class. In other words, you can't have more than 6 freshmen, sophomores, juniors, or seniors. A redshirted player counts as his eligibility class, so a redshirt freshman (who is truly a sophomore) still counts as a freshmen in the 6 player limit. If you have more than 6 scholarships open, you can target JUCOs or transfers as those players won't be considered freshmen. You could also opt to not fill all of your scholarships and take walkons.
11/29/2017 4:33 PM
Whether it's first session or any session, i believe the answer is 5. I also believe that the only way you can have 7 players that are in the same class is if one of them was an ineligible. So if you have 6 juniors and a (listed) senior that was ineligible in the beginning, he still has 2 years left to play, as do your juniors.
11/29/2017 4:36 PM
You can't have 7 freshman on your roster except if its SIM controlled. You can however end up with more than 6 sophomores, juniors or seniors (simply by redshirting an existing player and then the *following* season he will remain in the same class (so recruiting 6 FR but RSing a sophomore will get you 7 sophomores the following season).

Ineligibles for D2/D3 will count against the class they are signed with (they just sit out their FR season and gain a SR/5 season). So signing 5 FR + 1 ineligible FR will still get you 6 sophomores the following season (and you still can't sign a SO transfer).
11/29/2017 5:54 PM
Thanks gentlemen!
11/29/2017 6:22 PM
Thanks buddha. My eligibility years part was accurate. Just not the "same class" part.
11/29/2017 6:25 PM
I had 7 freshmen on a team once, signed 6 true freshmen and one freshman RS transfer. Elmhurst, Iba world, season 91.
11/29/2017 7:20 PM
Class size question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.