Introduce Option To Start HD In Div-1...? Topic

Sometimes playing in a full conference is harder than you think. You can join a full conference off the bat but what if people leave? Well then you gotta leave too and find another team.

But in a game like this where a takes sometimes literally months to build up a team into a contender, some people aren't going to like hopping to new teams all the time.

12/2/2017 4:07 PM
Posted by Benis on 12/2/2017 4:07:00 PM (view original):
Sometimes playing in a full conference is harder than you think. You can join a full conference off the bat but what if people leave? Well then you gotta leave too and find another team.

But in a game like this where a takes sometimes literally months to build up a team into a contender, some people aren't going to like hopping to new teams all the time.

Changing team is certainly worse than before. And recruiting need a cap.
12/2/2017 4:16 PM
Posted by Benis on 12/2/2017 3:51:00 PM (view original):
Please. Despite what your mother told you when you were a little boy, you're not that special or unique.
And, despite what you stubbornly insist, this game doesn't have widespread appeal. It's a niche' game. Sure there are people who might like it but don't know about it. But it is not "millions".
12/2/2017 4:18 PM
I agree this game has an "it" factor that should keep it a TON more full than it is. I know what kind of person i am. Regarding stats, enjoying sports and development, things like that. There are a lot more me's out there. I'm actually surprised at the fact that the game is so empty.

I admit I've tried to get some friends on, that don't work out for various reasons.

But nationwide.... There has to be more people that would play this if they knew it existed. I know nothing about advertising, sales, marketing. But overall, despite minor gripes (that are ridiculously small "issues" or "problems" in the grand scheme of things), this game is freakin amazing really.

If HD was a recruit, we are green in "potential", but our head coach isn't putting enough practice minutes in that category, to help us grow to our max.
12/2/2017 4:21 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/2/2017 4:18:00 PM (view original):
Please. Despite what your mother told you when you were a little boy, you're not that special or unique.
And, despite what you stubbornly insist, this game doesn't have widespread appeal. It's a niche' game. Sure there are people who might like it but don't know about it. But it is not "millions".
How many people play fantasy baseball, football and basketball? How many people play Madden, NBA Live? Those aren't 'niche' games?
12/2/2017 4:34 PM
"If HD was a recruit, we are green in "potential", but our head coach isn't putting enough practice minutes in that category, to help us grow to our max."

Nice.
12/2/2017 4:34 PM
Posted by Benis on 12/2/2017 4:34:00 PM (view original):
How many people play fantasy baseball, football and basketball? How many people play Madden, NBA Live? Those aren't 'niche' games?
Good point. Except none of those are remotely similar to Hoops Dynasty.

12/2/2017 4:37 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/2/2017 4:37:00 PM (view original):

Fantasy football and HD are not the same. But there are some things that are connected.... Example....

My mom and dad are both fans of going to Bengals games. I turned them on to fantasy football. They play, But they are people that only know a few names, Aaron Rodgers, Julio Jones, not much more. But they draft, follow stats, and learn.

They love it now. They are number crunchers when it boils down to it. If i turned them on to HD, they would flourish. Cuz to them, It's nothing more than numbers crunching, team growth, and to them, they don't know the difference between fake HD players, and real NFL players that they don't know anything about either.

But the NFL is everywhere in life. So they got into fantasy football first. And its more main stream. If HD was a household name, who knows where it goes.
12/2/2017 4:49 PM
I think you just made my argument for me. Real players not computer generated guys. SLB is probably the money-maker around here. Sims games using real players and their stats. All the games benis listed are based on real players or the stats of those players.

EA Sports had a college football game. Due to lawsuits, they don't now. They could easily make a game, NOT use schools or their logos and NOT generate players with similar skillsets. But they don't because it wouldn't sell. I'd buy it but I'm the kind of guy playing sim games with fake players. It's not for everybody.
12/2/2017 5:02 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/2/2017 4:37:00 PM (view original):

You think just one day millions of people started playing fantasy sports.

When those nerds in the rotisserie leagues started playing I bet they thought it was a super niche game that no one else could POSSIBLY enjoy.
12/2/2017 5:05 PM
The internet might have had something to do with the explosive popularity of those games. If only we had the internet now so HD could see the same benefit.
12/2/2017 5:11 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/2/2017 5:11:00 PM (view original):
The internet might have had something to do with the explosive popularity of those games. If only we had the internet now so HD could see the same benefit.
Whoosh
12/2/2017 5:19 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/2/2017 5:02:00 PM (view original):
I think you just made my argument for me. Real players not computer generated guys. SLB is probably the money-maker around here. Sims games using real players and their stats. All the games benis listed are based on real players or the stats of those players.

EA Sports had a college football game. Due to lawsuits, they don't now. They could easily make a game, NOT use schools or their logos and NOT generate players with similar skillsets. But they don't because it wouldn't sell. I'd buy it but I'm the kind of guy playing sim games with fake players. It's not for everybody.
My point was that the real player issue ISN'T a problem for people that could be interested in this game. If they knew about it. (And i was saying my parents only know like 5 out of hundreds of real football players. So to them, they might as well be fake players with fake names. Which was an argument against yours in this case, not for)

And with Madden and your college game you mentioned.... I know LOTS of people that played the career modes, past the point where all current players were still playing. And fake computer generated players were all that was in their leagues.

Now I'm not comparing HD to Madden or anything. And with Madden, fake names or not, you still PLAY the game itself. So obvious differences.

All I'm saying is there are people that don't care if the names are fake or real or whatever.

The best way to get people in this game, would be to advertise it. If every time you watched a college basketball game, an HD commercial came on, this place would explode with new players. I know that can't happen due to costs to do that. But i just think there are people out there. That's all I'm saying.

I don't even remember how i found this game years ago for the first time. But had i not found it that one single time, i still wouldn't know it exists. You can't play what you can't find.
12/2/2017 5:45 PM
Posted by Benis on 12/2/2017 5:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/2/2017 5:11:00 PM (view original):
Whoosh
You should have used "LOL" as that's your "go to" when you have nothing else to say.
12/2/2017 5:58 PM
Posted by topdogggbm on 12/2/2017 5:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/2/2017 5:02:00 PM (view original):

My point was that the real player issue ISN'T a problem for people that could be interested in this game. If they knew about it. (And i was saying my parents only know like 5 out of hundreds of real football players. So to them, they might as well be fake players with fake names. Which was an argument against yours in this case, not for)

And with Madden and your college game you mentioned.... I know LOTS of people that played the career modes, past the point where all current players were still playing. And fake computer generated players were all that was in their leagues.

Now I'm not comparing HD to Madden or anything. And with Madden, fake names or not, you still PLAY the game itself. So obvious differences.

All I'm saying is there are people that don't care if the names are fake or real or whatever.

The best way to get people in this game, would be to advertise it. If every time you watched a college basketball game, an HD commercial came on, this place would explode with new players. I know that can't happen due to costs to do that. But i just think there are people out there. That's all I'm saying.

I don't even remember how i found this game years ago for the first time. But had i not found it that one single time, i still wouldn't know it exists. You can't play what you can't find.
Did you say you told your friends about it but, for some reason, none joined? I assume you only told people who you THOUGHT would be interested. Yet none joined. I've done the same. One played a season of SLB and never again. Another got thru about a quarter of a season in HBD. That's out of probably 30-40 people.

There are people who would play if they knew about it. How they don't know to use a search engine "College basketball sim game" is beyond me. But there are not "millions" out there just dying to play a college basketball dynasty game. There just aren't. There is a pretty solid time commitment and the reward is self-satisfaction. One could use the same time commitment to gamble and potentially make money.
12/2/2017 6:04 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12 Next ▸
Introduce Option To Start HD In Div-1...? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.